• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Rechargeable Flashlight

Rechargeable Flashlight

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

TreeSlayer

Awesomenaut
Backer
I guess all of you know these lamps you can Recharge by like pressing a button all the time or rotating a "winder" if thats the correct word for it.
You wouldnt need batteries for it but you have to recharge it every few minutes.
Maybe you cant find it or even craft it by your own, i dont know.
What do you think?

Attachments

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Trust me. I'm a Doctor.
Backer
I'd say getting to a certain crafting level and you could make one.

Solves a lot of problems scrounging for batteries and gives you some initiative to invest time in crafting.
Also maybe it wouldn't be as bright or last as long as a battery powered one to offset it slightly.

umthala

Jaffa-Shrek Beta Donater
Backer
I really like this idea, may I propose that the rechargeable flashlight be weaker light than a normal flashlight and that you would have to find batteries in houses for the normal flashlight.

Bcaskey04

Mr. Nice guy
Backer
What about rechargeable batteries?

umthala

Jaffa-Shrek Beta Donater
Backer
What about rechargeable batteries?
That would be slightly tedious, and a slightly crippling addition, for doing that activity while stumbling around in the dark woods would be too slow, maybe a torch for example or crank flashlight. The only way I see this working is if you could plug it up to your generator while you were away however that would waste energy.

Bcaskey04

Mr. Nice guy
Backer
Plug the batteries into the wall socket at your house and they recharge.

Graham

The One You Should Avoid In Multiplayer Games
Backer
It Would Be Interesting If They Added This, But For It To Be Balanced, It Would Have To Be VERY Rare.

Zane

Backer
I say yes to it. It would save time trying to scrounge up batteries. I'd imagine you could find something like that in a shelter or a camping goods store. That or craft it yourself like others have suggested.

Davz Not Here

Backer
we own 3 of these in real life

2x, LED, with a small, built in, solar charger, 2 C batteries size .... they hang in the window (hook and line was included)
1x, LED, hand crank, 12v size

nothing better when a storm kills our power mid winter for 11 days (especially when it's the middle of the night and you have to s**t in a 1 gallon bucket)

Last edited by a moderator: