• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Release Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderator #4

Alexander Matthews

M0d3rat0r
Community Mod
Backer
I wonder how many times they have had to rework the game to meet the steam spec's etc ?
Probably not much Have you seen\ some of the things on STEAM?

TiBe

Backer
"JB_ The build has been approved, a few store changes were needed but that's all been sorted! I'll have a proper update out tomorrow!! :)"

I seem to have read that the devs would prefer a midweek to release the game, so I'll bet for Wednesday.
We'll know more tomorrow with the update!

a2z(Interactive);

Developer
Developer
I personally get annoyed by the uncertainties and makes me pose the question; could the devs not just release a confirmed date, leaving room for delays or set backs within that time-frame so that the users can be SURE of the actual day they will be able to load and jump into a game?
No, we've learned our lesson with setting dates and we won't give another date until we have confirmation. Once we have full approval from Steam we will announce the official release date/time.

a2z(Interactive);

Developer
Developer
didn't JB say the game was confirmed yesterday?
The builds were fine but we just needed to delete some external links on the Steam store page and make some other small changes there.

"Alright guys, seems the build has passed review just had to make a few changes to the store and re submit but we’re in contact! We are waiting to hear back once again but all seems to be good. I’ll have a proper update out tomorrow with a bit more detail and if all is well an actual release date for the first servers to come up." -JB

JB_

Developer
Developer
The build was fine but Steam has requested for us to make some minor changes to the Steam store page and we have resubmitted.
Once we hear back from steam (hopefully today) we will do a small update and include our official release date (sometime next week). Remember, this is up to the second information, subject to change as is everything else. Once we hear, you will. :)

Thread starter #14

henry

Backer
No, we've learned our lesson with setting dates and we won't give another date until we have confirmation. Once we have full approval from Steam we will announce the official release date/time.
Did you really just quote me and delete the comment you're quoting me from?

JB_

Developer
Developer
my question is why isnt any of the information i read here on the news and information page isnt this news and information that other people would like to see?

*edit* whoops just saw the post about it coming tomorrow my bad

SSGTSemperFi

Professional Potato
Backer
Because this is a related discussion, I feel it pertinent to leave this as part of the discussion here:

To those that are complaining that the release dates aren't being given, or previous dates were missed; this is part of "early access". It should be handled in much the same way that pre-orders are, as it's essentially the same thing. You're buying the game to support the developers, not support the game.
I've played devil's advocate (and I encourage you to read through it) some time back, but decided to support the developers anyway. My hopes for this game are nonexistent (i'd like it to be a quality game, but I do not expect it). My purchase was to support a2z themselves that they might learn from their experience from this game. I expect it to be rough, clunky, have issues, and to an extent, be another title that falls into the "EA pit of despair" like so many others have. It's when companies do what Wildcard did with ARC: Survival Evolved, Or Expansive Worlds is doing with Hunter: Call of the Wild (issuing paid DLC to fix bugs and complaints that should be covered in the base game; nickel-and-diming their playerbase) I turn my back on them.

Contractually, so far as I understand it, a2z is only obligated to release a product which reasonably adequately reflects their vision from the kickstarter description.

If you're not OK with this, you have no right, nor reason to be here. You should reconsider your future pre-release purchases and/or consider why you're purchasing an unreleased title.

Status
Not open for further replies.