• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Reputation System

Would you like a Reputation System?

• Yes

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

madogdan

Backer
Ok I want to get this off my chest first, I know this could come under spam or re-post but I thought this needed it's own thread.

In another thread ( http://community.survivethenights.net/threads/in-game-currency.747/ ) I posted about reputation and didn't go that in-depth with it, so I though i'd make a separate thread here.

I would like to suggest a reputation system, this will tie in with the Currency suggestion from @JB_ as linked above, I will use pointers to explain the system below.

• Every action that you make when interacting with other players have a chance of gaining or losing reputation, for example, if you shoot at another player and they see your name, they can mark you down as a bad player, thus resulting in bad reputation, however if you help the said player with food, they can give you good reputation.
  • When you are marked as good player (Good Reputation) you will begin to be known for good things, the higher your reputation the more chance of your name making it to other players.
  • When you are marked as a bad player (Bad Reputation) you will being to be known for bad things, the higher this reputation gets the more known you will become, thus leading into people hunting you down and killing you for either "Currency" or for fun.
  • When you die, your reputation will reset to 0.
  • Bad things will have a negative effect on good things, for example, you have just helped a player and he has given you a good rep point, but then straight after you attack someone else, they give you a bad rep point, that will put you back at 0 rep.
  • Bad rep is -0 and Good Rep is +0
  • A Bounty system so that you can ask another player to go and kill him, you offer the player a Bounty and he or she can either accept or decline, once the deal is done the i"Currency" is traded, to counter using said "Currency" and avoiding payment, the "Currency" is removed until the deed is done, you can also put a time limit on the bounty and when it's run out you get your items back.

This is more of an idea than a feature of this suggestion, how about when you spawn in for the first time (even after death) you get to choose your name, this will be your characters name and will be used as part of the reputation system, this being said though, what if you choose the same name? well either we can have it remember your rep from the previous death or start afresh, I reckon use the previous characters rep and this could add some difficulty to the game, were you a bad guy and want to stay that way? then do it.

Thanks for reading and I am looking forward to reading what you have to say about this suggestion.

Thanks, Danny

Thread starter #4

madogdan

Backer
What if you are with a group of friends and you just keep giving each other a good reputation? That could be a problem
A counter for that will be each player will only be able to give a rep rating once, however if they player is helped more than once they are allowed to upvote again, however this time it won't actually effect the score, for example if you help someone twice you can be upvoted but we could have a profile system, if your name becomes known to that player, they are able to see your profile and be able to see how many times he has been upvoted, if he has been upvoted 6 times from one player, it will say "Unknown has upvoted 6 times", this can also be used to find out who is trying to exploit the system, for example let's say me and @TheDwemerComrade were playing together and I decided to continue to upvote him, that would mean I am attempting to exploit the system

KasperKILLER

The God of survival
Backer
Instead of so motherf**king much HUD, we could have the faces of the players change. Extreme bandit = Pissed of face 24/7, friendly, never killed a human = normal survivor face, not happy since it's the zombie apocolyse but yeah ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter #6

madogdan

Backer
Instead of so motherf**king much HUD, we could have the faces of the players change. Extreme bandit = Pissed of face 24/7, friendly, never killed a human = normal survivor face, not happy since it's the zombie apocolyse but yeah ^^
This wouldn't add to the HUD at all, you press a button and a profile system will pop up, you search the players name and if if he/she is known to you, you get to read up on him/her, facial expressions would be a great idea to, but you need to be up close to notice that and by then it could be too late.

Last edited by a moderator:

KasperKILLER

The God of survival
Backer
That is exacly what hud is.. And needing to be upclose is your issue, use a sniper scope, or bino's.

Thread starter #8

madogdan

Backer
That is exacly what hud is.. And needing to be upclose is your issue, use a sniper scope, or bino's.
I tend to class the HUD as what's currently on your screen at all times, the rest are just menus, yes I know these are part of the HUD, but it's how I class it, also the menu is not something you have to use and will not be used at all times, it's nice way to log who up voted or down voted the player, it will also be a nice way for role-players to detail their character, give them a Bio, age and even a family, how they ended up their current position, what job they had, etc.

KasperKILLER

The God of survival
Backer
Well it's a bad idea, it's the ZOMBIE APOCOLYPSE, you should not know who is good and bad, that will you have to find out on your own, not just seeing a scoreboard where people said "dis guy mean 2 mi" and then he is the worst player on the server and friendlys just wanna kill him, maybe he is nice. It's just a bad feature, if you wanna know who is good and who is bad, you'll know by the end of the day, you'll learn from other players passing by telling you to watch out for xxxx player, and you'll know to aproach him more carefully, not just instanly know "he has -50" "let's kill him"

Thread starter #10

madogdan

Backer
Well it's a bad idea, it's the ZOMBIE APOCOLYPSE, you should not know who is good and bad, that will you have to find out on your own, not just seeing a scoreboard where people said "dis guy mean 2 mi" and then he is the worst player on the server and friendlys just wanna kill him, maybe he is nice. It's just a bad feature, if you wanna know who is good and who is bad, you'll know by the end of the day, you'll learn from other players passing by telling you to watch out for xxxx player, and you'll know to aproach him more carefully, not just instanly know "he has -50" "let's kill him"
I take it you did not read this properly, I did mention how you won't know who he is until his reputation is at a certain level, when his rep get's higher, either be it good or bad, you have a chance of learning something about him/her, I do understand were you are coming from here but I think you took this the wrong way.

KasperKILLER

The God of survival
Backer
That's still bad, if a player wants to kill and be anonymous, he can't. Since they will be on a list..

Thread starter #15

madogdan

Backer
That's still bad, if a player wants to kill and be anonymous, he can't. Since they will be on a list..
They have to be known before they can be rated, if you get killed then you don't know who he or she is, like in a real life zombie apocalypse, you'd eventually be found out and people will be wanting you dead, but if you are smart and only shoot when you know you have the kill and no one else is around, then you can do it completely anonymous, it will be about playing smart, so if you walk to someone, pretend you are friendly, that player will get to know who you are, if you then kill him/her, when that player spawns again, he/she will not know anything about you, so even if they type your name, they cannot do anything, they see no info about you and cannot rate you, this system will be based on whether or not you know the person, if not then you can't do nothing, if you do, then rate them as you please.

KasperKILLER

The God of survival
Backer
They have to be known before they can be rated, if you get killed then you don't know who he or she is, like in a real life zombie apocalypse, you'd eventually be found out and people will be wanting you dead, but if you are smart and only shoot when you know you have the kill and no one else is around, then you can do it completely anonymous, it will be about playing smart, so if you walk to someone, pretend you are friendly, that player will get to know who you are, if you then kill him/her, when that player spawns again, he/she will not know anything about you, so even if they type your name, they cannot do anything, they see no info about you and cannot rate you, this system will be based on whether or not you know the person, if not then you can't do nothing, if you do, then rate them as you please.
so clans win? they get killed by 1 guy and they all demote him and he'll be on a list for killing a bad clan, just a totally useless feature which adds no element to the game...

Thread starter #18

madogdan

Backer
That's useless and just makes in unrealistic..
Unrealistic?

Ok if this is unrealistic, what's my name?, my occupation?, where do I live?, Am I a bad person who kills?

It's impossible for you to know this without knowing who I am, this system will be a background for the player, the can choose to write a Bio for their character or have one created for them, you have to get this info by knowing the person, just like you have to get to know me to find out who I am.

so clans win? they get killed by 1 guy and they all demote him and he'll be on a list for killing a bad clan, just a totally useless feature which adds no element to the game...
No they don't, every member has to know who this person is, if this person kills them all at range, then they don't know who he is, if this person interacts with said clan, they get to know more about him, if this person attacked up close and doesn't kill any then yes they can, but if they kill this person they can't rate this player at all, if you survive and become know, there is a chance that this info will spread, the way you spread this info is by interaction, the more interaction you do the more info that get's released, however if you die, that info is gone, you don't exist nomore, if anyone dies, all trace of that players info is gone, even his profile.

This is a lot more in depth than you are thinking, there is no "Oh look his name is Bob, let's have a look" "Oh look Bob has killed a lot of people has his rep is -50", no it doesn't work like that, you interact with people to get information, you could even have system that allows you to stalk them and it will very slowly give you info.

Aj Roesel

Lt General cody503
Backer
Ok I want to get this off my chest first, I know this could come under spam or re-post but I thought this needed it's own thread.

In another thread ( http://community.survivethenights.net/threads/in-game-currency.747/ ) I posted about reputation and didn't go that in-depth with it, so I though i'd make a separate thread here.

I would like to suggest a reputation system, this will tie in with the Currency suggestion from @JB_ as linked above, I will use pointers to explain the system below.

• Every action that you make when interacting with other players have a chance of gaining or losing reputation, for example, if you shoot at another player and they see your name, they can mark you down as a bad player, thus resulting in bad reputation, however if you help the said player with food, they can give you good reputation.
  • When you are marked as good player (Good Reputation) you will begin to be known for good things, the higher your reputation the more chance of your name making it to other players.
  • When you are marked as a bad player (Bad Reputation) you will being to be known for bad things, the higher this reputation gets the more known you will become, thus leading into people hunting you down and killing you for either "Currency" or for fun.
  • When you die, your reputation will reset to 0.
  • Bad things will have a negative effect on good things, for example, you have just helped a player and he has given you a good rep point, but then straight after you attack someone else, they give you a bad rep point, that will put you back at 0 rep.
  • Bad rep is -0 and Good Rep is +0
  • A Bounty system so that you can ask another player to go and kill him, you offer the player a Bounty and he or she can either accept or decline, once the deal is done the i"Currency" is traded, to counter using said "Currency" and avoiding payment, the "Currency" is removed until the deed is done, you can also put a time limit on the bounty and when it's run out you get your items back.

This is more of an idea than a feature of this suggestion, how about when you spawn in for the first time (even after death) you get to choose your name, this will be your characters name and will be used as part of the reputation system, this being said though, what if you choose the same name? well either we can have it remember your rep from the previous death or start afresh, I reckon use the previous characters rep and this could add some difficulty to the game, were you a bad guy and want to stay that way? then do it.

Thanks for reading and I am looking forward to reading what you have to say about this suggestion.

Thanks, Danny

what do you mean by your name will be making it to other players?