• Hello Guest,

Alpha v1.0 has been released on Steam! Bug reports can be made using our new in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

Reputation System

Would you like a Reputation System?

• Yes

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters

KasperKILLER

The God of survival
Backer
why not have the god o'l just asking if friendly and making sure if friendly, if we have animations that take time when they pull out weapons and sounds, you could ask them if they could put away their weapon ^^

Thread starter #22

madogdan

Backer
what do you mean by your name will be making it to other players?
Basically when you start off, you choose your name or just use your username/steam name, then you have a choice of choosing a random Bio or creating one yourself, this ranges from occupation, family age, etc, this is all ofcourse fictional unless you choose otherwise, when you being to interact with other players, ie, trading and general travelling with eachother, you begin to learn stuff about them, however reputation only becomes available once you interact with other players, this will not always become available, the lower the rep the less chance of finding out, the higher the rep the higher the chance of you finding out, so each rating, say for example you have 50 ratings, and your overall rep is 43, that mean 7 people have given you bad rep and 43 have given you good, it will say that 43 people rated good and 7 rated bad.

The only way for you to gain this info is interacting with someone who has rated another player and the only way for you to rate another player is somehow interacting with them, but this only applies if the player is still alive, if they or you die, all of this info is lost, if they die, anyone who knows infor about that player loses it and that player has to rebuild their Bio, however if you get known by someone and they rate you, you can cancel that rating out by killing him, thus get's rid of any known info.

why not have the god o'l just asking if friendly and making sure if friendly, if we have animations that take time when they pull out weapons and sounds, you could ask them if they could put away their weapon ^^
Indeed you could just do that, but this game is aiming itself around the community and what's a better way to show off that other than having a profiling system with reputation and ways of losing bad rep?

KasperKILLER

The God of survival
Backer
would rather have people put up notes telling people how the bandits look and dont look like this or you'll get shot..

Thread starter #24

madogdan

Backer
would rather have people put up notes telling people how the bandits look and dont look like this or you'll get shot..
Notes is also a good idea, but like I said a profile system will show off how community based this game is, it will give it a sense of realism and that each character is alive and not just some random dude somewhere in the world playing a video game, I know at the end of the day it is ecactly whhat is happening but there is not many games out there with a system like this.

MrWhite

Blackwater Mobile Trader
Backer
I like the idea but I think all of this is not needed just because everything you have talked about can be accomplished by simply interacting with other players. If you have killed a lot of player the word will spread to the rest of the server therefor you wouldn't need the REP system because you could gather the info by talking to other players. That's just my opinion. Great initiative though keep it up!!

Smacks

Backer
I
Ok I want to get this off my chest first, I know this could come under spam or re-post but I thought this needed it's own thread.

In another thread ( http://community.survivethenights.net/threads/in-game-currency.747/ ) I posted about reputation and didn't go that in-depth with it, so I though i'd make a separate thread here.

I would like to suggest a reputation system, this will tie in with the Currency suggestion from @JB_ as linked above, I will use pointers to explain the system below.

• Every action that you make when interacting with other players have a chance of gaining or losing reputation, for example, if you shoot at another player and they see your name, they can mark you down as a bad player, thus resulting in bad reputation, however if you help the said player with food, they can give you good reputation.
  • When you are marked as good player (Good Reputation) you will begin to be known for good things, the higher your reputation the more chance of your name making it to other players.
  • When you are marked as a bad player (Bad Reputation) you will being to be known for bad things, the higher this reputation gets the more known you will become, thus leading into people hunting you down and killing you for either "Currency" or for fun.
  • When you die, your reputation will reset to 0.
  • Bad things will have a negative effect on good things, for example, you have just helped a player and he has given you a good rep point, but then straight after you attack someone else, they give you a bad rep point, that will put you back at 0 rep.
  • Bad rep is -0 and Good Rep is +0
  • A Bounty system so that you can ask another player to go and kill him, you offer the player a Bounty and he or she can either accept or decline, once the deal is done the i"Currency" is traded, to counter using said "Currency" and avoiding payment, the "Currency" is removed until the deed is done, you can also put a time limit on the bounty and when it's run out you get your items back.

This is more of an idea than a feature of this suggestion, how about when you spawn in for the first time (even after death) you get to choose your name, this will be your characters name and will be used as part of the reputation system, this being said though, what if you choose the same name? well either we can have it remember your rep from the previous death or start afresh, I reckon use the previous characters rep and this could add some difficulty to the game, were you a bad guy and want to stay that way? then do it.

Thanks for reading and I am looking forward to reading what you have to say about this suggestion.

Thanks, Danny
S a well thought out idea. And not a bad one. It just might encourage pvp play more.

MrThorsHammered

If it says don't! I'm gonna poke it anyways
Backer
how about a rep system that slowly degrades to neutral. So bad players can't stay forever bad if they don't want to and if friends are pushing themselves up it will degrade so not really worth it. Possibly have certain things open up dependent on your rep, Like f your 'evil' or a 'bandit' you can access a black market and if you're a 'good guy' you can access a white market. fill one with things to help people the other to trap and enslave

Thread starter #28

madogdan

Backer
I

S a well thought out idea. And not a bad one. It just might encourage pvp play more.
It will encourage PvP a little more but will also deter it, it will all depend on how you play it.

I like the idea but I think all of this is not needed just because everything you have talked about can be accomplished by simply interacting with other players. If you have killed a lot of player the word will spread to the rest of the server therefor you wouldn't need the REP system because you could gather the info by talking to other players. That's just my opinion. Great initiative though keep it up!!
Thanks :), though you may have a point, but I have a feeling that this game will only have local voip or radios, if this is the case the a system, like this would work really well.

how about a rep system that slowly degrades to neutral. So bad players can't stay forever bad if they don't want to and if friends are pushing themselves up it will degrade so not really worth it. Possibly have certain things open up dependent on your rep, Like f your 'evil' or a 'bandit' you can access a black market and if you're a 'good guy' you can access a white market. fill one with things to help people the other to trap and enslave
Great idea, I really like how you thought of the degrading system, lay low and people will forget you.

MrThorsHammered

Backer
It will encourage PvP a little more but will also deter it, it will all depend on how you play it.

Thanks :), though you may have a point, but I have a feeling that this game will only have local voip or radios, if this is the case the a system, like this would work really well.

Great idea, I really like how you thought of the degrading system, lay low and people will forget you.
Exactly go find a cabin bring some beers and maybe a tin foil hat and watch the door with a shot gun till that guy stops chasing you

Mozart

Backer
In my opinion, this will ultimately take away from player to player interaction and world interaction.
I think plain old word of mouth is a much more authentic way of doing this. I'm all about immersion, and a frickin profile system would totally destroy the realism, which is what this game is all about..just in case you haven't seen the gameplay.
It would be so much better to find out a players rep, or read up on them, by checking out bulletin boards or a wall of sorts in the trader areas, if we'll have those.
Otherwise, you'll have these people just roaming around and hitting a hot key every 5 minutes to check what is practically social network, and they just go base camp people that they saw on "the profile system".
You see a lot less of players going to hubs or trader zones, asking around, gearing up with someone and making buddies to hunt a person down.
Loss of player interaction in the end.

MrThorsHammered

Backer
Ok you know what we really need then is wanted posters with the value of the bounty placed on their heads. These could be placed on boards in the trader zones and in bounty hunter bases like the BES. However instead of them just automatically updating you physically got to go to a location to pick one of these posters up. then return to your base put it up on your bounty board for everyone to see. When the bounty has been collected tear it down and move on. Thoughts?

Mozart

Backer
Ok you know what we really need then is wanted posters with the value of the bounty placed on their heads. These could be placed on boards in the trader zones and in bounty hunter bases like the BES. However instead of them just automatically updating you physically got to go to a location to pick one of these posters up. then return to your base put it up on your bounty board for everyone to see. When the bounty has been collected tear it down and move on. Thoughts?
I like that a lottt, Mr Thor.
I really think Wanted Posters are a really practical and immersive way of doing this.
It would require the players to go and actually do the process of spreading the word.
Also, on the thought of being able to identify someone, I think there should be subtle things about a player's character that give you an idea of if they are good or bad. Opinions?

MrThorsHammered

Backer
I like that a lottt, Mr Thor.
I really think Wanted Posters are a really practical and immersive way of doing this.
It would require the players to go and actually do the process of spreading the word.
Also, on the thought of being able to identify someone, I think there should be subtle things about a player's character that give you an idea of if they are good or bad. Opinions?
I think if certain things were only available to those with a bad reputation like the black market then the items from this could be identifiable. So we keep the reputation system but as a background process instead of an actual upfront thing. In essence you know your bad/good, the game knows your bad/good but people have to work it out from posters and subtle hints from items you carry