• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

research facility

Thread starter #1

odinfan1

shhh im hunting zombies
Backer
possibly one or more places with books or reference materials related to the outbreak. i think it could be fun to try to find out how the outbreak occurred, not just to simply survive it.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
That would be interesting to fill that roll they could probably use a CDC type building, you could also find equipment and books that would help you with chemistry or other scientific stuff. Since the facility was researching the zombies besides the documents on the zombies and the medical and scientific books, equipment and clothing there would probably be a few military items here and there. I'm sure they would have a detachment guarding the facility before leaving or being over run so there would be some military zombies as well as undead scientists.(Just as long as there isn't a zombie doctor in a orange lab coat.)

tektran

Backer
Love this idea. Bits of info here and there about the outbreak would be fantastic.

Bchhog

Avid Supporter
Backer
What type of research facility? There are many types and I doubt there would be a lone one on an island dedicated to researching viruses. That is unless the island is the origin of the virus and is quarantined off, which would be cool and make more sense. What type of papers, we talking strictly medical/scientific papers which many probably wouldn't be able to understand? Patient records detailing the progression of the virus as the victim died? Would there be only information before the outbreak or after as someone had found the facility and did there own work? I would like for there to be more elaboration on this topic.

tektran

Backer
What type of research facility? There are many types and I doubt there would be a lone one on an island dedicated to researching viruses. That is unless the island is the origin of the virus and is quarantined off, which would be cool and make more sense. What type of papers, we talking strictly medical/scientific papers which many probably wouldn't be able to understand? Patient records detailing the progression of the virus as the victim died? Would there be only information before the outbreak or after as someone had found the facility and did there own work? I would like for there to be more elaboration on this topic.[/
I would be open to even the smallest items, such as newspaper articles. Old newspapers lying around somewhere, on the counters of homes, in trash cans, etc. It doesn't necessarily have to be research material. Just items here and there that would give tidbits of information on the events leading up to the apocalypse.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
like tektran said above I would be happy with regular documents explaining things like old newspapers the newspapers could be dated to allow for multiple different copies, they could also use journal's from scientists and medical staff on the island. I also wouldn't mind having documents with some technical jargon to make it feel like you were actually looking through a medical or scientific facility with research on zombies. On why they would have a research facility on this island having the island as the origin point does sound interesting if that wasn't the case it could be possible that the government could have setup a research lab to study the effects in the field before total collapse or like you said some scientist or group could be doing work afterwards to study the virus.

Thread starter #7

odinfan1

shhh im hunting zombies
Backer
if they do implement this idea there would be the possibility of audio logs and personal journals detailing the outbreak from a survivors perspective.