• Hello Guest,

Bug reports can be made using our in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

Road Spikes / Tire Spikes

QuickLoad

ΜЛШ ˢᵗᶰ Sq. Scorpio CO
Backer
Neat idea in theory but this would definitely get abused and I know I would tire (bad pun soz) of it quickly, especially if they're small and don't require many nails to create.

If this idea was to be taken seriously I think a larger trap would be better. While a larger trap like a more traditional military spike trap would require more effort to dodge it would be a much more visible allowing people who're watching where they're driving to have a chance to dodge. Anything small like OPs picture would be extremely unbalanced and wouldn't give the driver a chance. It would also be way to easy to craft. Anything this powerful should require a lot more farming to build. 8 odd nails is way to few mats.

This would be better as much more visible and could justify far more materials to craft:

Yeah, sounds better for balancing.
Offtopicslightly, that road strip is so bare... so many cars went over it probably.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
If you want a larger spike trap Biz suggested a simple floor trap in the form of a wood board with multiple nails hammered through it, after that I followed up on the same thread with a simple makeshift spike strip using his trap and eye screws and either cheap carabiners or metal chain links.
http://www.community.survivethenights.net/threads/floor-board-trap.3033/

It would take a lot more material to build then a small road spike or a simple board trap and it would require some light welding if you used chain links to hold it together. I also think the basic floor board trap would be easier to see for a driver

All that being said I really like the road spike trap as well, it may be really small but its def simple, maybe if its not built with an adaqute welding skill like people have sugested it will collapse on its self if driven over by a vehicle and only do minor damage to the tire. Opposed to creating it with sufficant knowldge in welding where it would be a lot sturdier, you could also do something similar to the diy spikestrip and use chain links to turn multiple road spikes into a long spike chain.

Castillo

Survivor
Backer
The problem is with the spikes is that if you shove a nail into a tire, it won't deflate because there's nowhere for the air to escape. That's why police spikes are hollowed out to allow the air to escape through them instead of relying on something to pull them out to allow the air to escape. Gonna have to think around that one. :p

Huginn

if they are made of pipes, then it take out a hole piece insted of getting stock.

Moderator #26

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Backer
The problem is with the spikes is that if you shove a nail into a tire, it won't deflate because there's nowhere for the air to escape. That's why police spikes are hollowed out to allow the air to escape through them instead of relying on something to pull them out to allow the air to escape. Gonna have to think around that one. :p
Check original post... those would deflate the heck out of a tire if ran over.

I think there could be an potion to hide the nails under a coat of leaves, making a distinctive unnatural set of leaves, but not obvious if you don't know what to look for. The first time you walk or drive over these, you are surprised, but you always look for them after that.