• Hello Guest,

Alpha v1.0 has been released on Steam! Bug reports can be made using our new in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

roleplay servers

Thread starter #1

kin6z

Backer
I think having a couple rp servers would be a fun idea seperate from the hive servers where instead of kos like im sure some people will do its set in rp situations like robbing amd connecting. Which would in turn have a decemt amout of player interaction as well as make things a bit more interesting

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
I see where you are coming from and I hate KOSing as much as the next person. Although not having our hands on the game yet we don't know if the base game will have a KOS nature to it or not, so these servers may not be needed. Also I don't understand why a person who enjoys the act of KOS wouldn't join these Rp servers as they could just easily kill the people who are "roleplaying". I don't know about this one it is a yes and no for me, I love the roleplay that can come from these games but I don't think putting a label on a server will help that. Thanks for posting and Welcome to the forums!

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
This is a good idea as its not just to prevent KOS its also good to take people hostage and role play a "I kill your friend to make you talk" type of deal. I would love to play a bit like this.

@Crazypineapple55 I see what you are saying about the KOS guys just hoping in BUT if they do not roleplay and they are just killing people they can get perma banned from that particular server and if they want to buy another copy of the game to just jump back in that's not such a bad thing as it will provide more money for these guys :)

Thread starter #4

kin6z

Backer
I see where you are coming from and I hate KOSing as much as the next person. Although not having our hands on the game yet we don't know if the base game will have a KOS nature to it or not, so these servers may not be needed. Also I don't understand why a person who enjoys the act of KOS wouldn't join these Rp servers as they could just easily kill the people who are "roleplaying". I don't know about this one it is a yes and no for me, I love the roleplay that can come from these games but I don't think putting a label on a server will help that. Thanks for posting and Welcome to the forums!
there is always gonna be kos its just how people play

Thread starter #6

kin6z

Backer
This is a good idea as its not just to prevent KOS its also good to take people hostage and role play a "I kill your friend to make you talk" type of deal. I would love to play a bit like this.

@Crazypineapple55 I see what you are saying about the KOS guys just hoping in BUT if they do not roleplay and they are just killing people they can get perma banned from that particular server and if they want to buy another copy of the game to just jump back in that's not such a bad thing as it will provide more money for these guys :)
Kos isnt a ban it makes your character go crazy

WillRock

Backer
Always down for some great roleplay given the environment and atmosphere so I would like to offer my own thoughts.

How about the ability to Flag yourself for PvP like so many other games feature? It will prevent KOS just for the sake of killing another player, limit accidental friendly fire and still allow those who want a more realistic danger sense the option to just stay flagged at all times. Of course the ability will need to have something around a 5 minute cool down when coming out of hostile mode into peaceful mode to prevent quick switching.

If this can not be the case then for a RP server we could have designated safe areas and pvp conflict zones present on the map that will auto flag a player after they cross a threshold into the particular area.

Another option could be territory markers that can be used to allow or restrict PvP inside that given area. The map may also have locations where the zombies/environment are so hostile that players can choose to live and let live, or try to kill each other while fending off larger threat like radiation,zombie hordes, etc.

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Backer
I'd join a RP Server... Hell yes! someone set it up and I'll live on your server... in a pond... maybe... shh ;)

Moderator #11

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Backer
We might not have to have an actual dedicated RP server to do just that in StN, but I would definitely join if there are some private ones.

Similar to the whitelisted/passworded DayZRP servers, I am a member of that.

Davz Not Here

Backer
Always down for some great roleplay given the environment and atmosphere so I would like to offer my own thoughts.

How about the ability to Flag yourself for PvP like so many other games feature? It will prevent KOS just for the sake of killing another player, limit accidental friendly fire and still allow those who want a more realistic danger sense the option to just stay flagged at all times. Of course the ability will need to have something around a 5 minute cool down when coming out of hostile mode into peaceful mode to prevent quick switching.

as much as i dislike PvP when i am in no mood for PvP ..... this is so far from 'realism'
cool down or not ..... this just isn't how it works in real life ..... that is why things like diplomacy were invented (which certainly leads to your next point about an RP server)

I'd rather see players working it out themselves to either diffuse or escalate a situation, based on context of that situation .....

I would certainly join an RP server as well .....

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Backer