• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Ruining stuff when killing other players

Thread starter #1

jedi_warrior

I would like to suggest a feature of getting character's stuff ruined after he's been shot/killed by another player. I thinkk this would raise player's awareness off potential consequences of killing other players. Depending on what part of the body the character was shot, ruin his backpack or even some of the items in the inventory. What do you think?

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I think we could expand this idea, zombies sometimes drop loot as well, perhaps how you kill them could effect what you can scavenge from them? If another player was shot, might it damage some inventory? Could you, for instance, pierce a water bottle with a shot, making it useless? That's going to be a shed load of programming for the dev. team there @jedi_warrior , but I like the concept of making player interaction more 'friendly'

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Man i really dont want STN to turn into Dayz. Next thing that would happen is players start getting held at gun point and selectively being shot attacked just enough to wreck their fun. Its abuse potential. I think it could be good to a level.

Last edited:

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
I think we could expand this idea, zombies sometimes drop loot as well, perhaps how you kill them could effect what you can scavenge from them? If another player was shot, might it damage some inventory? Could you, for instance, pierce a water bottle with a shot, making it useless? That's going to be a shed load of programming for the dev. team there @jedi_warrior , but I like the concept of making player interaction more 'friendly'
A bullet through a canteen is an interesting idea maybe some stuff like that but i don't think it should extend to the players webbing. Its also a nice immersion effect to have bullet holes through cans, drink bottles walls etc where the bullet can also damage something further. This is often seen where you get two kills for a single bullet. Never been done on objects in games that ive seen. Hopefully there will also be destructible terrain at some point. Imagine carving your name in a tree or hill with bullets lol, wasteful as it is.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I had this kinda idea while doing the art for the food items... I did swing it by them with some stuff. So I'll swing it by here to since it fits the theme of the idea.

Was along the lines of...
When/if an item was taken it would be marked as a "seized" item (stolen wouldn't really work as they are dead and therefore don't own anything) because you've taken it by force, and the marking could be a bloodied handprint on the item.

Consumable items could give you a direct mental hit upon use.
Equipment could have a timed effect until after "X" time you'd then own it and the markings/effects are removed (kinda like you'd get over it over time).

My reasoning for the marking was also in the event we can do trading, both parties can see them so you'd know if you are dealing with someone you should be weary off or if looking in dead players loot... knowing you just killed the right kind of person :D

But I do like the idea of having consequences for some actions and killing for the sole purpose of loot/gear should be one of them.