• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Sanity system: my take on how it should work

Thread starter #1

ChristianDpanKK

How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?
Backer
I like the idea of a penalty for player killing, and even though the developers have supposedly set like a sanity bar, that if I am not mistaken, should lower some of your abilities like accuracy and such, here is what I feel the sanity system should be like, lets say the bar goes like; 100% (that's where you are mentally healthy) for each player killed you loose -10%, if you get too 50% you become insane, and your bar starts too slowly wither and the further it goes the worst you get, like for example, you start too loose accuracy, from time too time your character will stop and you wont be able too control him for a few seconds while he screams and cries, as it goes down even further your visibility starts too go down, start too see things that aren't there, hear sounds that don't exist, vomit, become more clumsy etc. Finally once you hit 0% your character will become completely suicidal, anything that you have in your inventory that he can use too kill himself, he will, whether its a gun shot or pill overdose, and if you don't have anything you can use too kill yourself your character will start too randomly scream and yell until zombies or players come and if a zombie spots you, you wont be able too move so it can damage you until you die, well that's my take on how I feel sanity should work, the final result on what the developers make prob wont be that extreme but I think this should make players think about what they are gonna do more carefully.

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
I do like this idea, although if we are going to add a system where it withers away at 50% they would need to add a way of increasing you sanity once you get below 50% which I don't know what that thing could be. Any ideas on that?

Thread starter #3

ChristianDpanKK

Backer
I do like this idea, although if we are going to add a system where it withers away at 50% they would need to add a way of increasing you sanity once you get below 50% which I don't know what that thing could be. Any ideas on that?
My thought was that before 50% your sanity regens slowly but when you get too the point too where your health is withering you can take things like medication, or read a book, fish, stay away from zombies or any action that might affect you like gun fire or rats running around your floor, things like that, basically do things that can keep you from loosing your humanity.

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
I agree, this could work and some more things could probably be added, and tweaked. Overall good suggestion I like it, the devs certain will have to put in some work to get this system balanced. They haven't really said much about the sanity system yet, so I look forward to some information in the future.

StonefishStoner

Backer
Love it hope to see this feature suggestion is seen by the dev's. Great idea really no one else has really came up with a better sanity idea of the forums yet, in my opinion that is.

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
They have mentioned that the sanity system is a beast on its own, so when alpha drops we may only see a bare-bones version or perhaps just a placeholder for it. I would rather they take their time to get it balanced and perfect than rush something that wrecks the survival dynamic. Lets just hope the KOS thing doesnt become a way of life while we wait for the system to be perfected....

Thread starter #7

ChristianDpanKK

Backer
I agree, this could work and some more things could probably be added, and tweaked. Overall good suggestion I like it, the devs certain will have to put in some work to get this system balanced. They haven't really said much about the sanity system yet, so I look forward to some information in the future.
Like I said this is just a suggestion of what I think the basic feature should be, I do think I went a bit extreme with the punishments but some form of physical punishment for too much killing in a row should be implemented and I do stand by my point that when hitting 0% there should be like an ultimate judgment for your crimes like death by suicide or something like that.

Thread starter #8

ChristianDpanKK

Backer
They have mentioned that the sanity system is a beast on its own, so when alpha drops we may only see a bare-bones version or perhaps just a placeholder for it. I would rather they take their time to get it balanced and perfect than rush something that wrecks the survival dynamic. Lets just hope the KOS thing doesnt become a way of life while we wait for the system to be perfected....
Its true, thy have kept that whole thing on the down low, and have put much effort into letting everyone know that it will be a big part of the game witch is why I became part of this community in the first place, other than the mobile homes, that thing is awesome. I do hope that they don't add like a bounty or value thing too the system cuz gta 5 and other games that have that have thought that that that doesn't work for poop, also really hope that this tread gets too the devs so maybe they can use some of its basic ideas if they haven't thought of it already.

Thread starter #9

ChristianDpanKK

Backer
Love it hope to see this feature suggestion is seen by the dev's. Great idea really no one else has really came up with a better sanity idea of the forums yet, in my opinion that is.
I really hope this gets too the devs as well because I really love the idea of this game they are making and idk maybe this suggestion will help them with the sanity thing, who knows