• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

School

BABYBLACKHOLE

Tiny darkness
Backer
You could take it over and start 'Survivor school' and at the end of the year there could be a school dance and I could wear pink..........I can dream cant I!

Stay Alive

Idea extraordinaire
Backer
So, you're probably wondering how a school could be a good place for resources. Well, in events of a disaster schools are set up as "safe zones" to put it simply. They're used as hospitals or just a place for refugees to stay. So there could be a fair amount of loot there. And, it could show some sort of backstory. The school could be bloody, and could be a main spot where the child zombies would spawn. The school could have really good loot, but it would be hard to navigate through and not die, due to the zombies inside. Also, I don't know if killing children zombies would have an effect on mental health, but if it did, that could be an interesting challenge to navigate through the school with as well.

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
Pretty sure a school is already in the game, don't quote me on that just yet but I do think it's in. It would just be the thing of putting in a special amount of child zombies, etc. I know children zombies are already in the game as I saw one in a concept video, so I think its a possibility!

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
We've seen a tag on the interactive map indicating a school at Addersfield, and seen some artwork for a school building.
For me this looks like a good defensible position for a group of players. The possibilities of finding a cache of food, a kitchen and other equipment we might require to "Survive the Nights" seem endless.
But I'm more interested in the idea of zombies spawning in the area. The mental health implications suggested by @Stay Alive. Mental health is one of the unique mechanics the STN brings to the genera ...
Will there be modifications to the effect of mental health based on who shoots first? The 'age' of the zombie? (child or adult).
I think this is an area for more discussion.

[EDIT - spelling!]

Stay Alive

Idea extraordinaire
Backer
We've seen a tag on the interactive map indicating a school at Addersfield, and seen some artwork for a school building.
For me this looks like a good defensible position for a group of players. The possibilities of finding a cache of food, a kitchen and other equipment we might require to "Survive the Nights" seem endless.
But I'm more interested in the idea of zombies spawning in the area. The mental health implications suggested by @Stay Alive. Mental health is one of the unique mechanics the STN brings to the genera ...
Will there be modifications to the effect of mental health based on who shoots first? The 'age' of the zombie? (child or adult).

[EDIT - spelling!]
Yeah, it would be an awesome place for loot, and could be great for a base. Normally schools only have a few ways to get in, so it wouldn't be really hard to defend. And yeah, I think that if you kill the zombie it would have an effect on your mental health, but only if it was a child. And it wouldn't have as much of an effect on your mental health as it would if you killed a human, because it still is a zombie.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.

[EDIT - spelling!]
I've seen no reference to a school yet, so in-case that there isn't one I am gonna +1 this building... big enough for a nice sized group to use and would be a nice challenge to clear it out if zeek resided inside aswell as some good materials to find inside.

As for the kids...
No zombie kids are going to be in STN, those seen in concept where just that.

Would be nothing stopping a modder in the future thou, but meh... they are not a valid enough threat to add in my opinion anyway... I mean I could just pick one up and throw it out a window or hold it back at arms length pushing/holding it's throat/head.

Also imo, should be no negative emotional effect for killing a single zeek no matter the age/gender, unless that is they are a "fresh" turned zeek and resemble what a living person looked like... I get the idea that the players character has come to turns with this part of the new world... but that being said, maybe just the amount per day you kill could... not depression but more bloodlust for zeek and that is a bad trait to get even if it's for killing stupid zombies....

Or I am thinking too much about that aspect of it, probably that :rolleyes:

Stay Alive

Idea extraordinaire
Backer
I've seen no reference to a school yet, so in-case that there isn't one I am gonna +1 this building... big enough for a nice sized group to use and would be a nice challenge to clear it out if zeek resided inside aswell as some good materials to find inside.

As for the kids...
No zombie kids are going to be in STN, those seen in concept where just that.

Would be nothing stopping a modder in the future thou, but meh... they are not a valid enough threat to add in my opinion anyway... I mean I could just pick one up and throw it out a window or hold it back at arms length pushing/holding it's throat/head.

Also imo, should be no negative emotional effect for killing a single zeek no matter the age/gender, unless that is they are a "fresh" turned zeek and resemble what a living person looked like... I get the idea that the players character has come to turns with this part of the new world... but that being said, maybe just the amount per day you kill could... not depression but more bloodlust for zeek and that is a bad trait to get even if it's for killing stupid zombies....

Or I am thinking too much about that aspect of it, probably that :rolleyes:
Aw, I was hoping there were going to be zombie children. I did see them in the concept video- Do you know what happened? And yeah, I guess you could just fling a zombie kid out of window, I think it'd be funny to be walking around town and have one fall on your head. And that could be cool, getting a bloodlust for killing zombies - Maybe your mental deteriorates if you don't kill a certain amount of zombies or something.

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
The Concept Video where child zombies were shown. I do understand why they wouldn't add them in, as I have already been shown that it isn't something many people would like to see in the game. (Skip to about 1:18 for child zombies)

Stay Alive

Idea extraordinaire
Backer
The Concept Video where child zombies were shown. I do understand why they wouldn't add them in, as I have already been shown that it isn't something many people would like to see in the game. (Skip to about 1:18 for child zombies)
Oh, thank you for putting the video up here. It looked like a cool concept, but I can totally see why people could be upset by it. You have to be very careful with killing children in games, even zombie ones. But hey, even without them adding a school could still have huge benefits. Maybe there could be a backstory still? Like the children don't turn, they just die. Which would explain the lack of them.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Aw, I was hoping there were going to be zombie children. I did see them in the concept video- Do you know what happened? And yeah, I guess you could just fling a zombie kid out of window, I think it'd be funny to be walking around town and have one fall on your head. And that could be cool, getting a bloodlust for killing zombies - Maybe your mental deteriorates if you don't kill a certain amount of zombies or something.
Concept is concept and until STN is even finished everything is subject to change and so on with it being an active in development game... but they are sticking to most of the original stuff...
https://community.survivethenights.net/threads/women-and-children-in-the-apocalypse.1317/
Read through this to see the discussion and reasons as why not... in all honesty it's probably the rating system and not wanting to be banned from sales in countries like Australia etc.

Which makes sense, and again nothing stopping a modder from adding them.

Stay Alive

Idea extraordinaire
Backer
@Stay Alive, a backstory about children? Why there are or aren't zombies of them? Now that's something I'd like to hear about!. Might children turn eventually?
I humbly request you head over to the 'player created lore' post (https://community.survivethenights.net/threads/player-created-lore.8136/) and add a little more detail. Let your thoughts run free and continue to add to this fantastic community :)
Alright, will do! Thanks for directing me to the thread!

-edit- Ah.. It looks people in the thread are doing a story of some sort? Is that still somewhere I would post my idea? I don't want to mess up anyone's writing.

DZS

Survivor
Backer
If im not mistaken the walking dead featured baby zombies.... Yeah i dont think the world's ready for that in a game.