• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Scope Alignment

Thread starter #1

123Zues

Backer
I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet, but I don't remember seeing it yet. Honestly, there are so many cool suggested things on this forum that it would take me forever to look through the new ones (which is awesome). Anyway... I think it would be cool if you had to align the scope on a gun you just found or you might not hit your mark. Maybe it's too in-depth but it sounds cool. What do you guys think?

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
I don't think it's been suggested, or if it has it's been included with suggestions for realistic gun/bullet physics.

Would be a nice feature to be added at a later date, but when I used to shoot, if I was off, i'd just adjust my aim, rather than the scope.

Moderator #3

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I always wanted to see a game that made you sight your gun it correctly. Not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but would be neat to see... along with distance zeroing... along with bullet physics and such.

Thread starter #4

123Zues

Backer
I always wanted to see a game that made you sight your gun it correctly. Not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but would be neat to see... along with distance zeroing... along with bullet physics and such.
I think it would be fairly simple. Press combo-keys to get to the menu and then just adjust it along both axis like any normal gun. This along with writable will definitely add to realism because I for one will keep a very detailed weapons log. It would be cool (but possibly much more difficult) if all weapons had their own ID numbers too. Just a thought...

olav hyldmo

Backer
I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet, but I don't remember seeing it yet. Honestly, there are so many cool suggested things on this forum that it would take me forever to look through the new ones (which is awesome). Anyway... I think it would be cool if you had to align the scope on a gun you just found or you might not hit your mark. Maybe it's too in-depth but it sounds cool. What do you guys think?
part of me thinks its cool, but then, its already in dayz, arma and such, and i dont really think its necessary.

Moderator #6

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I like it because it gives people one or two more things to think about before they shoot things. Complexity is key IMO.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Got my vote...:)

Thread starter #10

123Zues

Backer
it makes all firefights alot more intense and realistic, as you have to be sure your sight is aligned at all times.
It's also pretty cool because you can knock your own guns out of alignment for storage then if someone breaks into your house and tries to kill you with one they miss every shot.