• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Semi Box Trailers **Confirmed in-game**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
So I havent played the game I'd be playing the stress test if I had a pc and decent internet but how bout a full box trailer with sides and roof can be locked rigged with traps and even filled with zombies as a trap

Exume

Backer
Like in the walking dead? Interesting I was looking to see anyone suggested a semitrailer as I see them behind stores at loading docs I was more interested in inhabiting one i think just getting inside and putting down a bedroll and some other stuff would be cool just padlocking yourself inside. Also some are refrigerated maybe that could be useful somehow?

Attachments

JB_

Developer
Developer
Yes, trailers are in already as standard box containers you'll find around the world. We'll make the doors and locks work when we have a chance. These will be pretty impenetrable so should have some other type of drawbacks, any ideas?

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
Yes, trailers are in already as standard box containers you'll find around the world. We'll make the doors and locks work when we have a chance. These will be pretty impenetrable so should have some other type of drawbacks, any ideas?
No ventilation, affects mental health due to being hot in the summer/cold in the winter? Really only useful for storage.

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
it already has alot of draw backs. you cant have a fire in it. tires can be shot out on one side making it top heave easier to flip on its side. theres no locks on the inside you would have to install you own. someone can lock you in it lol

JB_

Developer
Developer
it already has alot of draw backs. you cant have a fire in it. tires can be shot out on one side making it top heave easier to flip on its side. theres no locks on the inside you would have to install you own. someone can lock you in it lol
haha totally going to wait for someone to go in and park a car in front of the doors.

Hauger

Community Mod
Backer
You only have one entrance/exit. That is a very big drawback, easy for ppl/zeds to camp.

JB_

Developer
Developer
What's currently in game is a cargo container, semi trailers are a good idea too though.
Thank you. If there's ever a semi trailer implemented into the game I think some big rig semi truck would be ideal to carry it. Maybe you could live in them, but couldn't move them until you acquired a rig big enough to haul one. Maybe the truck itself could be one of those long-distance traveler types with the living quarter in the back, like a small bed with storage behind the front seats. It's be cool to find either semi trailer, or truck and set up shop in them. And then the entire time you're on the server you make it your personal quest to find the other section.

EDIT: It'd be cool to get a complete semi and then maybe live in the truck and travel around the map selling goods out of the cargo section. A sort of mobile walk-in traders post. You could make a name for yourself on said server. You could hire other players/friends as guards because you can bet your ass there'll be groups of bandits wanting to take all of your goods.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
Thank you. If there's ever a semi trailer implemented into the game I think some big rig semi truck would be ideal to carry it. Maybe you could live in them, but couldn't move them until you acquired a rig big enough to haul one. Maybe the truck itself could be one of those long-distance traveler types with the living quarter in the back, like a small bed with storage behind the front seats. It's be cool to find either semi trailer, or truck and set up shop in them. And then the entire time you're on the server you make it your personal quest to find the other section.

EDIT: It'd be cool to get a complete semi and then maybe live in the truck and travel around the map selling goods out of the cargo section. A sort of mobile walk-in traders post. You could make a name for yourself on said server. You could hire other players/friends as guards because you can bet your ass there'll be groups of bandits wanting to take all of your goods.
Given that this is an island I seriously doubt we'll see any sleeper style cabs. If semi trucks & trailers ever make it into the game I suspect they will be single cab style semi trucks like this:

Sure a sleeper cab would be nice to have in game, but they just wouldn't be practical from a logistics standpoint on the island. If semi trucks & trailers don't make it into the game then perhaps a 3rd party could develop a mod for them.

Given that this is an island I seriously doubt we'll see any sleeper style cabs. If semi trucks & trailers ever make it into the game I suspect they will be single cab style semi trucks like this:

Sure a sleeper cab would be nice to have in game, but they just wouldn't be practical from a logistics standpoint on the island. If semi trucks & trailers don't make it into the game then perhaps a 3rd party could develop a mod for them.
Yeah you're completely right. It wouldn't make sense to have one on an island. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.