• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Server Based Loot (Server Hopping)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Poknutsaurus

Backer
In DayZ, the thing you can do, is go in an empty server, gather everything you need, and come back in a full server full equipped.

I just want equipment to be server based if it works like this. I'm not sure how the servers will work, but just don't want somebody to get on server full equiped because he's been on another empty server.

Just throwing this here, not a suggestion really, but a fact :).

Kipper

Backer
Do remember that with one of the stretch goals, (and then a second), player-provided servers are going to be a thing and advanced control over those servers is also possible.
I myself have a nice cheeky server unit in reservation sitting in the corner of my room waiting to be used on something, along with a 75down18up connection.
If you want server based gear and the like, I can almost guarantee you that player-ran servers will have controls to not be part of a hive, just like they are with DayZ. (I mean, otherwise, what's the point of having your own server? Especially with the advanced control options over them. You'd be better off just using the free, official servers otherwise.)

Edit: Speaking of the devil, here's a screenie.
Got it for free, no less.

Don't know how the CPU will cope with running a game server for this, but we'll certainly find out!
(Oh, and for those perceptive, the power failure is because I didn't plug in both of the power ports. Redundancy features are like that.)

Last edited:

BOOMstyx

Backer
yeah like he said, without this functionality, there would be no reason at all to have your own server. Saved maybe a hardcore rpg server maybe with a group that is invite only. But I doubt most of use would rent a server for that reason. A2Z has got to me make money, not for the love of it, but to fuel the game lasting/growing into the masterpiece STN could be.

Last edited:
Moderator #6

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I posted about this in a different section... here is what I said.

"I don't see how this is possible really. It seems to me that if the files were saved client side, then the server wouldn't recognize the client persistent items once loaded into the map, and if everything saved server side, then it wouldn't load the client fortifications when loaded in. Maybe I am wrong... I am hoping they do it similar to how most DayZ mods are right now... private hive, where your character saves to the specific server you are on... period. If you go to a different server, you start as a fresh spawn.

The problem with this game and the whole server hopping and a 'public hive' is that 2 separate players could fortify the same building in SP or even on a different server, and once they joined the same server there would some severe conflicts because of the persistent items from both
players overlapping each other. Make sense?"

So, basically what I mean is, the fix for server hopping and "gearing up" is to make each individual server it's own thing... each server you have a fresh/different character.

Status
Not open for further replies.