• Hello Guest,

Alpha v1.0 has been released on Steam! Bug reports can be made using our new in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

Server Mods Ideas / Custom Assets

Thread starter #1

Handicap Jack

Up for a laugh and down for giggle.
Backer
Ok so lets hear them!
Time and again in the suggestion thread I read some brilliant ideas that unfortunatly are either to whacky or just against the devs vision of the vanilla base game that they have, that they will not see the light of day.
I for one want to see a hardcore RP mod with KOS factions and a Z nation-esque dark humour to weapons/mechanics, possibly with some MMORPG grinding quest features... This is the project I will be working on anyway.

I would love to hear from other people and what they are genuinely either hoping to build or would love to see in a modded version of the game. I know its a little early to speculate on such things when we arent 100% sure on the feel of the game yet but by golly we can dream for now!

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
I think a George Romero mod would be great. In part as a tribute to a great man and to cut closer to the bone making STN as authentic to classic genre as possible not excluding black and white display filters.

STN I think the devs will do a great job of keeping it on genre only the execution is a mashup of their ideas and backers. I doubt George would agree with everything.

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Also some maps based on famous movies dawn of the dead 1978 etc.

A mod based on the evil dead movies would be great as well. Maybe some Vietnam based maps and scenarios objectives with coop goals like in no more to in hell. Always wanted to play a good zombie sandbox set in the Vietnam war. Resident evils always good but the movies capcom is overdone today.

Last edited:
Thread starter #4

Handicap Jack

Backer
Yeh man some George Romero refferences would be cool, not sure a mod would last very long if it was a straight up bit of plagerism but yeh I like it!

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Yeh man some George Romero refferences would be cool, not sure a mod would last very long if it was a straight up bit of plagerism but yeh I like it!
Generally fan service is allowed as long as no money is being made from it. Company's like Sega just frustrate the modding community.

Thread starter #6

Handicap Jack

Backer
You are right of course, I just wouldnt want to invest hour upon hour just to see acopyright claim put in lol... quite happy to get as close as possible though!

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
The zombie genre isn't copyright nor is George Romero's vision of it. I would be more worried about copying an existing game why i mentioned Sega.