• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Sewer System

Thread starter #1

Bchhog

Avid Supporter
Backer
I would like to see a small sewer system implemented for the largest cities in STN. I'm not sure if you plan to have large localized cities but if you do a sewer system would prove to be a tactical structure. Say you're scouting through buildings for items. You spot a group of bandits or a horde of zombies heading toward your location. You aren't quick enough to leave before they swarm the streets and you're trapped. You would have to wait and find an ample time to leave else you risk death.

Though if their was a manhole to use you could hide in it or follow the tunnels to a different location with a better chance of escaping. You could also use it for a storage of items you might use later. Dropping a waterproof bag in the sludge to hide it's location or behind a removable brick in a specific wall. Of course they would need to be cramped and pitch black tunnels so only the prepared and willing could traverse them.

gamejunkie25th

Backer
maybe have a certain tool to lift manhole cover as well so it wouldn't be to easy to get in but the tool would be some what common
just a suggestion
Crowbar

Thread starter #5

Bchhog

Avid Supporter
Backer
maybe have a certain tool to lift manhole cover as well so it wouldn't be to easy to get in but the tool would be some what common
just a suggestion
A good suggestion, I think specialized tools or objects that could work like them is a good idea. After all manholes are quite heavy (100lbs/50kg on average) and there isn't much room to get a grip on them.

gamejunkie25th

Backer

This is an actual tool used to lift manhole covers... a crowbar isnt that far off

Thread starter #8

Bchhog

Avid Supporter
Backer

This is an actual tool used to lift manhole covers... a crowbar isnt that far off
Well from what I can see it has a better handle to grip with. Also it seems to be longer which to me would seem to lessen the effort needed to lift the cover. Not saying you couldn't do it with a crowbar, though it would take longer and require more effort.

gamejunkie25th

Backer
Yep maybe you could use both and this would take less time but an extra inventory slot

Strider

Undercover Mod
Backer
Road manhole cover tools are indeed a t shape key. The above are for pedestrian covers.

Crowbars would not be any use

gamejunkie25th

Backer
I like that idea

Davod Chavis

Grade A Zombie Killer
I like the idea! Not super cramped but make it dark. With a little bit of light that shines through each manhole entrance/exit. its a somewhat safe way to get from point A to point B. I just got an awesome idea. If you can master the tunnels you could start a little business. They give you something you need and you guide them safely through the tunnels. Maybe a few places down in the tunnels big enough to set up a small sleeping area?