• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Shaking When aiming at someone

Thread starter #1

Panky

That person just there
Backer
If you haven't killed loads of people and you aim at someone for a while you should shake. Though it shouldn't happen if you have already been shot at recently or if your already a mass murderer. If you get shot at your aim should be increased from adrenaline and after the combat stops you should begin to shake. Or something like that. It would make kill on site harder and give the person in sight a chance to bail or kill the bandito

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
Yea, I see where your coming from but I can also see this as a encouragement to kill players. Kill a player now so later I can have great accuracy, I don't know if I agree with this idea I could see a couple places where this system would be ineffiecient. Say two players run into each other and neither have killed anybody both are aiming at each other and won't shoot cause they don't want to give the opposite player the advantage of better accuracy. The guy who sneaks up on the opposing player should have the advantage not the guy who gets shot first. Good suggestion, and Welcome to the forums!

Thread starter #3

Panky

That person just there
Backer
Perhaps the aim change would be so small to only effect long ranges, leaving medium ranges and short ranges essentially making bandit snipers harder. Also isn't there going to be a karma/insanity mechanic so better accuracy would come at a big cost. The small shake may only be small meaning you have to be skilled to get a long range kill perhaps forcing people to get closer to start engagement or perhaps hitting once and missing the rest causing them to come in to finish the job making it a bit more interesting. Thanks for the constructive comment :D

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
yeah, I could agree that a slight decrease in accuracy would be fine, and I think they already planned to add a lose of accuracy for becoming too insane so this will also prevent repeat offenders from killing as easily.

FuzioN

Backer
i dont agree with this idea at all, when you go to realistic games becomes to random and unpredictable.

an example is good rng that you can control, counter-strike.

example of games that has this kind of features that effects and make it rng is day z.

there will already be a mental state in the game and i think it will effect you somwhat enuff.

Thread starter #6

Panky

That person just there
Backer
i dont agree with this idea at all, when you go to realistic games becomes to random and unpredictable.

an example is good rng that you can control, counter-strike.

example of games that has this kind of features that effects and make it rng is day z.

there will already be a mental state in the game and i think it will effect you somwhat enuff.
I think actually realism would be good. Not just hunger,thirst and ability to use a gun but also caring about your life. Without this you would just see people kos ing everywhere. By making it be more random like real life it makes things bigger risks and this means people must be more planned and actually care.

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
I actually agree with this one every time I hunt I still get a little shaky. Adrenaline is way up and the thrill of getting another deer adds to the excitement. +1

beltofruss

Mmmm... meat
Backer
Maybe you shake dependant upon your mental state? so killing someone at first is shaky, but as you get a lower state it gets less/more shaky. weather you start really shaky or end really shaky im not sure of.

Thread starter #9

Panky

That person just there
Backer
Maybe you shake dependant upon your mental state? so killing someone at first is shaky, but as you get a lower state it gets less/more shaky. weather you start really shaky or end really shaky im not sure of.
I did think that the more you kill the less shaky you are but it may encourage easy kills so you improve your shot

beltofruss

Mmmm... meat
Backer
Its really up to the devs on weather they decide to make this part of the morals system or the skill system.