• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Shark suit

Thread starter #1

WasabiKicks91

Backer
So since you're on an island and islands in some cases have sharks, why not add the shark suit as a type of protective armor. It's a light weight chain mail designed to stop a severe shark bite. If it's strong enough to stop shark bites, then it can easily break a zombie's teeth. Only detriment would be extra weight on you and fatigue.

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
i can't really see this working or maybe i'm not understanding? how would you make it? or would you find it?

Thread starter #3

WasabiKicks91

Backer
You would find it near a beach or harbor or sea port. See the challenge would be finding it and it's not so much something you make. If you wanted to make it you would need steel or titanium rings to forge together. It's basically chainmail but it's worn over a swim suit. It the swimmer feels the pressure of the bite but it prevents the teeth from.causing the damage they normally would. They work on sharks between 8 and 9 feet in length. You could make your own which would be a lower quality given what you got to work with or you could find one of a more superior quality. It would take a lot of steel or titanium. Only reason titanium would be best is because it is lighter than steel but just as powerful as steel. Besides if they were that common then everyone would have one and the zombies would be a lot easier to deal with and it would become PVP

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
thank you for explaining :p so it it over the whole body or just parts?

Thread starter #5

WasabiKicks91

Backer
thank you for explaining :p so it it over the whole body or just parts?
Basically it protects your arms, legs, torso, and a portion of your head. Your hands (although I think they have shark gloves that go with the suit) and feet and face would still be exposed (it's really just Chainmail) but it's designed to withstand the force of a huge shark biting down which I think would make it better than a medieval chainmail. Then again I haven't heard of chainmail from back then being used as shark suits. They could very well be equal in quality but Shark Suit sounds more reassuring and given how hard sharks bite and how much force the suit can withstand it could last considerably longer against human teeth. It could even be considered the best armor in the game (perhaps it could even be too OP) however since it is metal, you will give up fatigue and add weight so you can't exactly sprint away in a shark suit and it will wear you out and a zombie can still bite into your nose or lips or eyes and take a chunk off.

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
love the idea now

Thread starter #7

WasabiKicks91

Backer
And I'm sure bullets could damage the chain mail since ballistics deliver higher punches so if you get shot wearing it, consider it busted and you'd have chainmail and bullet fragments goring you