• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Sheild

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
would be interesting but i think it would be useless unless you were cornered and even then it would just be delaying the inevitable if your alone (which a lot of people will be)

Hancock

Movie Freak
As @NovaSniper said, it's a great idea but it could be useless if:
you were cornered and even then it would just be delaying the inevitable if your alone (which a lot of people will be)

Could protect you from zombies attacks from behind, wich can be pretty helpfull also.

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
opposite, it would be useless what would it do
Sword maybe, but i think a shield would be OP.
opposite, it would be useless what would it do?

Smacks

Backer
I think a modern riot shield is a brilliant idea. I have seen it on several zombie themed movies and TV shows. In fact I have one myself. I keep it with my zombie apocalypses survival bug out bag.

ZacharyM

Backer
a shield would be very useful in the case then you run out of munitions and your waiting for reinforcements, or if you were attempting to get into a safe area but there was a large amount of zombies in the way. say you don't have what you need to kill them (or don't want to) and you will die if you just YOLO it; a shield could save your life.

CptMugwash

Backer
I can't see riot shields being in rural areas, emergency forces would be concentrated in highly populated areas like cities so I don't think we should see any high end military/police stuff. For shields, those metal bin lids could work, they'd be like a viking round shields, or a stop sign. You could do a shield bash attack to knock a zombie on the floor for breathing space whilst remaining fairly protected. In combination with a homemade suit of armour it would look pretty baller.

ZacharyM

Backer
Or you could take a saw and a large piece of wood to make a large wood shield for a higher protection but a higher chance of it breaking; or a garbage lid as @CptMugwash said would offer larger lasting protection but doesn't offer a large area of protection

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
In the future please read the stickied thread about the proper suggestion posting procedures. Suggestions do much better with more detailed information and supplies.

Thread starter #15

Tom

Calm down it's just a game!!
Backer
Behind enemy lines(Newcastle Upon Tyne U.K)
In the future please read the stickied thread about the proper suggestion posting procedures. Suggestions do much better with more detailed information and supplies.
OK thats me told thanks you should be a mod

Last edited:

CipherStormwolf

Backer
Riotshield FTW! It would block all damage from the front, but the zombies would be able push you around. If its multiple ones you could be surrounded and then join them :confused: BRAINSSS

DarkWolf

Class A Survivor
Backer
A shield could be helpful in PvP, but it could not be too strong. Maybe it could block 5 bullets, and the next 5 bullets would do just 50% damage, and then it would be useless. It could be made from planks or maybe as he said a car door, which would damage your car, so its booth helpful and damaging to you in a way.

Ok so one of the mods I think suggested this but I wanted to go a touch more in-depth so home made shield nothing fancy could be a basic piece of wooden ply with a handle and the option to put spikes/barbed wire/nails in it but also a steel one requiring an oxy cutter or grinder to shape also ability to weld spikes ect onto it both have the option to have a viewing hole cut into it with or without glass or plastic covering it, sorry if this is the wrong place to post wasn't sure if it belongs in weapons misc or items thanks and keep up the good work

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
I'll be merging this thread, but after I make a quick post. :)

A basic wooden one could easily be made from plywood to form the shield itself, a few pieces of scrap lumber to make a sort of "arm rest", and belt or strap to make "sleeves" to fit your arm through. Nails would be good but you would probably want to brace them in the back with some scrap pieces of plywood to prevent them from being pushed out the back.

For a metal version instead of welding spikes to the front you could drill some holes and put some bolts through (secured with nuts on the front side) then take a file to make the bolt ends pointed/sharp.