• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Shipyard

Should there be a shipyard?

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

RamRod11Bang

- Rah, kill. -
Backer
Given that the location of this game takes place on an island, it is feasible there would be a shipyard. I understand PORTS will probably be in the game, but im talking about a shipyard where the ships are built and destroyed.

You could have a large warehouse with dry dock channels where the ships would be built. A half-built vessel could be dry docked and left to rust forever. There could be other incomplete ships that locals used to escape, only to take on water and sink in the mud 50 yards from the beach.

Other ships could be ran aground on the beach by a desperate shipping captain hoping to save his crew on this unknown island.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
It's a neat idea, however I'm not sure a full scale shipyard would make sense. Perhaps a small-scale shipyard, but nothing that makes ocean liners or cargo vessels. Why? Because this island probably doesn't have the resources required to build ships of that size & magnitude. Materials would likely need to be shipped over first (via ocean freight), then built, which is counter productive. And since there is no military base located on the island to my knowledge, you probably wouldn't see anything that massive being constructed here.

Now I could possibly see a shipyard producing something along the lines of fishing boats, not the small 2-3 seaters but something like what Bubba-Gump used with hoists and nets and such, and even then only the smaller variety. Or even saltwater fishing boats and smaller almost personal size crab boats that have a crew of 2-4.

Thread starter #3

RamRod11Bang

- Rah, kill. -
Backer
Like this pt_ilmakuva.jpg

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer

Chris "Cr1t1cal Reaper"

Call me Reaper
Backer
I like the idea, dont know if there would be a need for boats, but it could be a place to find tools, maybe powertools, generators and such things that the normal household would not have lying around.

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
I like the idea, dont know if there would be a need for boats, but it could be a place to find tools, maybe powertools, generators and such things that the normal household would not have lying around.
We'll need boats eventually, cos there will be more than one island in later builds, and I think I remember reading that Houseboats would be added :)

Bittenfleax

Eighty Seven!
Backer
Well if there is islands (I think a dev MAY of mentioned that) then this would be a great way to get across them

EDIT, what @strategos2411 said

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
Well if there is islands (I think a dev MAY of mentioned that) then this would be a great way to get across them

EDIT, what @strategos2411 said
Islands are definitely planned :) - JB 9th April 2015 - Alpha release will have more of our main island designed no additional islands for some time.

Faqs - 23. Will there be boats/ a houseboat?
Yes, houseboats are planned/are in development right now. Other boats are very likely.

seanybob011

Backer
Islands are definitely planned :) - JB 9th April 2015 - Alpha release will have more of our main island designed no additional islands for some time.

Faqs - 23. Will there be boats/ a houseboat?
Yes, houseboats are planned/are in development right now. Other boats are very likely.
I would love to see like a defence system like a MG to place on a houseboat :)

and then see 2 houseboats going at it, Eg 2 Different Clans

BrianTitan

The Titanium Superstar
Backer
I like the idea of the ship yards, but I also think using trees and whatnot to make rafts would be a better suggestion of boats. Lets face it, you will do whatever to get the F off that island LOL! Will there be sharks sooner or later, maybe even a Zombie shark?