• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Shocking

Thread starter #1

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
I thought long and hard, 2 minutes, about this....

Zeds are flesh.. They are just as prone to shocking as we are.

What if puddles form during the game (YES i know its not the easiest thing to do as you have 2 choices, cause a graphic to display in a random area when the rain has gone on for a while; or create a percentage of raindrops to 'pool' - that requires rain being instantiated randomly etc etc etc etc). and if we see a zed walking through one, we can chuck a battery attached to a StepUp transformer into the puddle to fry their nuts?

Perhaps we can take buckets of water and create puddles/bodies of water around our house to do the same with?

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
i like this idea a lot

Moderator #11

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
I would have to +1 this idea. Flash could you find some sort of diagram to help explain your suggestion good chap?

Tally Ho!

Are you just recharging all those old car batteries you've been collecting during the day with the house generator to shut down it down as night falls and move the last of the batteries to survive the nights barricaded in the safe haven we call your basement?

Or are you more interested in tying together all the copper wire you've collected from old electronics to finally get that fence out the front electrified?

Is it bandits your more worried about? Perhaps you can run some wire from this wall socket to the door handle?

Stop Zombies in there tracks with an old bed frame bolted to the window surging with a direct current straight from the generator.... don't leave it running for too long though... See that pretty orange glow, find something to control the flow of electricity or that thing will melt in seconds or just not last very long at all. (maybe something as simple as an old blender? remove the motor, attach the wire, press one for a light buzzing noise, press two for orange highlights around the edges, press three for high impact short lived sparks n light show)

Finally found a solar panel cell? That will do great at maintaining the battery I have hooked up to my tomato plant in the basement, just gonna have to find more copper wire to make it reach the roof!

How about the scene in breaking bad where they are stuck in the desert with a flat battery... Can you say Bath tub battery? Anyway, chemical reactions is for another post...
breaking-bad-3.jpg

Thanks for listening
Mick :)

Fallen Angel

Backer
Wow... another difficult topic :D

recharging batteries with solar panels and maybe little turbines or your own muscle power over a bike ----> yes a great feature

the need of wires to distribute that elecrecity to several objects from a generator or get batteries for them to work...---> yes a great feature as well

But making it more complex with different colors of wires, different cables and powers of batteries could be troublesome I guess :) but if it is made so most people can understand it... yes nice features

peterpiper007

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Backer
Dear Devs: These are great ideas. Please give me power over power. That is all.