• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Shooting Skills

Thread starter #1

Poknutsaurus

Backer
I know that skills will be there and will go up more you do something, so here is a way to improve Shooting skills that would be great too :)

Earn skills for shooting, but you can practice shooting cans, or other things to practice your skills. (As bullets are limited I guess, you will not practice indefinitely not to waste bullets).

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
Love the idea about this just depending on how much it will increase you skill by

MrMoose

Real talk
Backer
There should definitely be a passive increase in shooting skill with the more you shoot. I actually recently shot a firearm for the first time and was surprised at how unsteady/inaccurate I was. There is real learning curve to shooting accurately that should 100% be included in STN :)

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
Well not every is like that when they first start but i see what youre getting at

MrMoose

Real talk
Backer
Well not every is like that when they first start but i see what youre getting at
I think it's safe to assume your average Joe has very little experience operating a firearm effectively, especially in a potentially life-threatening situation. AKA shooting zombies. We're not all sharpshooting experts like you apparently are ;)

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
I think it's safe to assume your average Joe has very little experience operating a firearm effectively, especially in a potentially life-threatening situation. AKA shooting zombies. We're not all sharpshooting experts like you apparently are ;)
well i was introduced at a young age i know it brings back the discussion of the professions and how people were before the zombies came but i like i said i see where you are getting at like in other countries you might never see a firearm because its against the law to own one

Rikki

yeah i too was introduced to firearms at a young age but i agree with MrMoose, most people dont have a clue how to actually operate a gun.
My question is: is the upskilling going to be set for each gun or will it just be just firearms across the board? i ask because with all the different guns people will have ones they prefer and if you pick up something different your skill shouldnt be at the same level. just my thought.

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
i would hope its different because just cause you can shoot a pistol doesnt mean you know how to shoot a bow or steady a sniper rifle

Fallen Angel

Backer
A difficult topic because on the one hand you can "train" yourself with a specific weapon to get better to a specific point but the most usefull thing you are learning when you joined a shooting club is how to operate and maintain a gun so it can operate more than a year especially if you are going outside and the weapon gets dirty. And besides of people who joined special military forces who are spending most of the time training to aim better than most people... the most civilians are only trained to aim at not moving targets... and we all know that zombies are moving... some slower... some faster and it will be a different thing to hit them especially if you have to hit their brains.