• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Shopping Mall

Thread starter #1
This should be the first zombie game to have a full out mall in it. Think along the lines of Dawn of The Dead or even Dead Rising.

A huge complex to secure for you and a group of survivors clearing out each level of the mall from the undead.
All stores can be entered and fortified with the security gates.
A security room to monitor the mall from returning undead shoppers or the inevitable bandits.
A dark lower level parking garage that houses the generators, and an abundance of abandoned vehicles.

Thread starter #3
However big the island is just scale the mall accordingly, besides plenty of rural areas have malls. But if not on the rural island then it should certainly be considered for other locations. It would be way to much fun to have a mall in a zombie game like this, it needs to be implemented :)

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Trust me. I'm a Doctor.
Backer
Dawn of Dead V2. Yay.

Personally keeping it with small/medium structures in the beginning is more straightforward. Mall add-on or whatever further along the line maybs.

MrZoxx

Backer
I would love to see a big mall in the game, even though the alpha island is going to be a rural place there should at least be a mall in the central business district area of the game, even small towns often have malls where you can find all the goods you need to live.

Finndawg

El Sobreviviente
Backer
However big the island is just scale the mall accordingly, besides plenty of rural areas have malls. But if not on the rural island then it should certainly be considered for other locations. It would be way to much fun to have a mall in a zombie game like this, it needs to be implemented :)
I agree.

I think a shopping mall would be really cool, though maybe in a future map.

««DEX»»

Hope for the game!
Backer
A big shopping mall would be an interresting and dangerous place for curious survivors. With a lot of food and cloth loot. Even living there could be a good thing, maybe...
For a game like that - must have.

gamejunkie25th

Backer
A strip mall would be more realistic for a rural community.... If you don't know what a strip mall is here is a pic.
upload_2014-8-20_16-57-9.jpeg

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.

Paperwasp12

Backer
This should be the first zombie game to have a full out mall in it. Think along the lines of Dawn of The Dead or even Dead Rising.

A huge complex to secure for you and a group of survivors clearing out each level of the mall from the undead.
A security room to monitor the mall from returning undead shoppers or the inevitable bandits.
A dark lower level parking garage that houses the generators, and an abundance of abandoned vehicles.
I think a shopping mall would be a great idea! It would be prime territory for bandits to get food of create a base out of. I think it would be great for immersion too. Shopping malls are something we are all used to seeing absolutely full of people and activity, if done correctly, it could be quite eerie to see one deserted.

poodude28

Backer

Actually, Project Zomboid has a pretty huge mall in it. No lower level parking garage though.

Last edited:

BirdBlackbird

Backer
First of all 'MURICAH!
Second...
Multi story shopping centers (or malls as Americans call 'em) Sound awesome to me. If you're going to make multiple islands there should be one for a more city like rural area right? XD

Erick J Conklin

Survivor
Backer
2 big malls one to have no fortification allowed and one with fortification allowed i think that would be fun and some dawn of the dead type setting as well as dead rising

DrPwnzz

Backer
If there was a mall would it be fair to blockade it? Seems like there would be a tremendous amount of loot in something like that? I know this isn't any other survival games but most of the other games including old school dayz mod wouldn't let you build in high loot areas.

Erick J Conklin

Survivor
Backer
If there was a mall would it be fair to blockade it? Seems like there would be a tremendous amount of loot in something like that? I know this isn't any other survival games but most of the other games including old school dayz mod wouldn't let you build in high loot areas.
Yea thats why i say add 2 or so one for looting only and one for living in like dawn of the dead

DrPwnzz

Backer
I gotcha. Would need to be the more dilapidated of the two. Very little loot spawns in it and once its occupied very little to none spawns it :p