• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Should STN have a singleplayer?

Should STN have a singleplayer & private server hosting?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

duncan816

Backer
I really don't wanna see this game become another Rust/H1Z1/DayZ so I would really like the idea of having a singleplayer so we can just enjoy the game and not have the pressure of try hards killing you for a can of food, and also adding in the future the capability of hosting private servers for you and your friends?

Moderator #2

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I really don't wanna see this game become another Rust/H1Z1/DayZ so I would really like the idea of having a singleplayer so we can just enjoy the game and not have the pressure of try hards killing you for a can of food, and also adding in the future the capability of hosting private servers for you and your friends?
What do you mean exactly when you say "become another Rust/H1Z1/DayZ".

I would assume down the line we will be able to rent servers and whitelist/password them.

Thread starter #4

duncan816

Backer
What do you mean exactly when you say "become another Rust/H1Z1/DayZ".

I would assume down the line we will be able to rent servers and whitelist/password them.
I would imply be able to do private hosting and play with your friends through port forwarding.

Thread starter #5

duncan816

Backer
sounds boring. Why not just join a PVE server?? Playing by yourself fun?
When in a PvE server in any game all the loot is picked over and there is nothing left. And also knowing that if you play singleplayer all your progress is saved without a large chance of something screwing up and stuff being deleted like MOST alpha games, I'm going to try my damn best to enjoy this game but sweet Jesus I know on launch there will be LOTS of issues

Kostchtchie

Kill them all and let the Repawn sort them out
Backer
SP = No
Private Servers/|Whitelisted = Yes, so long as characters are locked to these servers, tired of people renting private servers with friends, then jumping to open servers with all there farmed loot

Hosted servers are what made Dayz mod grow, people setup all kinds of good servers

Hopefully all characters will be locked to the servers they are made on, not only to stop loot farming but to stop the ghosting of other players also

SoarinSoars

Butt pirate & Booty popo
Backer
im pretty sure they said no SP?
"Hey now,

haha nice, keep in mind though this is by no means "the game" we've rebuilt even what you see in the concept videos and most features aren't yet implemented into the world. We hope to have most of the features seen in the concept videos up and running for alpha builds. A single player build and Lan server software are something we'll consider a bit further along in development.

Regards,

JB"

seanybob011

Backer
"Hey now,

haha nice, keep in mind though this is by no means "the game" we've rebuilt even what you see in the concept videos and most features aren't yet implemented into the world. We hope to have most of the features seen in the concept videos up and running for alpha builds. A single player build and Lan server software are something we'll consider a bit further along in development.

Regards,

JB"

Last edited by a moderator:

Davidbc

Community Mod
Backer
I don't want them wasting time on a singleplayer mode when you can just join an empty server and have the same experience.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer

Little Jimmy

Backer
i really love the look of this game and have been waiting for this game for ages, the devs are amazing and i dont want this amazing game ruined by internet problems and bad connection, so if single player was there people who have bad internet can enjoy the game.

Thread starter #18

duncan816

Backer
I don't want them wasting time on a singleplayer mode when you can just join an empty server and have the same experience.
And what gives you the authority to choose if a person can and can't play singleplayer and also whats going to happen in a few years when the games servers are down? And also most private servers in any game that have no people on them will most likely shut down in a matter of days.

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
And what gives you the authority to choose if a person can and can't play singleplayer and also whats going to happen in a few years when the games servers are down? And also most private servers in any game that have no people on them will most likely shut down in a matter of days.
If you ask for opinions, you should expect to get responses you don't agree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.