• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Side/Global chat?

Thread starter #1

Deathside

Backer
is there going to be global/side chat?

because i think it could stop 40% of the kill on sight. and it is always fun to chat with the other players espacially for the lone wolves sinse you cant team up without.

for example in the dayzmod there is side chat. and when you see someone from a distance you can ask who it is and if hes friendly. instead of aproaching him and probably ending up shooting.

like in the dayzSA they dindt put in side chat. so now when you finnaly see a players its 9 out of 10 times you shoot. just so you dont lose your own stuff.

and you get to know some of the players in side chat and team up. or atleast chat for the moment in the game that arent busy.
i think many people that play alone will stop playing if they can't communicate with other players. because you might as wel play an single player game.

i know it would not be as realistic as possible. but it stays a game and if you play with 40 players in a server. but never hear from most of them things gets boring fast.

and i have played both dayz for days. and the KoS is the most annoying part. after looting for hours just to get shot by the first player you see. and you cant really team up without sinse you dont know who are on the server.

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
Great points but I vote no. I want it to be scary and I feel chat clusters the screen

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
they said no

NovaSniper

Backer

Applejaxc

Backer
I can't help but think of what hell the DayZ mod was because of global chat. Even if it's text-only, it's obnoxious as hell and seriously immersion breaking when I'm trying to sneak past a bunch of zombies and "Penispenispenispenispenispenis" scrolls by the chatbox. The only thing it accomplishes is making every decent player want to hunt down and murder the hell out of whoever is using it until they ragequit the server.

ZomDawg

Friend of Zombies
Backer
I'm actually a fan of global chat. You can use it to root out people who are being stupid. But yea it also changes the communication realism.

NovaSniper

Backer
The limited range VOIP built into the game could be useful. It allows you to hail someone approaching and keep the game immersive.
its already confirmed read the faq

Madsl

The Meme guy
Backer
the getting rid of KOS %40 is kinda off here as there already is a system that probably will remove it 90%
But I think sidechat and global should not be in the game as it removes immersion and would probably be abused.

Fatigue

And so begins my watch.
Backer
maybe put in a system where side/global is available if you have a walkie talkie? and you can only hear it if you too have one ?

Asus

Backer
Not a global chat..Direct for sure but side is kinda pointless because its the same as global basically. Or if they did but a global system you have a cool down and a timer when talking in it...

Cole Polen

Backer
For the love of god, please no side chat!!! Also if you do add notifications, only add very few and only for little things like. You feel sore (might want to rest) or tummy grumbles (might want to eat) for the most part. Leave it all to sounds. Let your tummy grumble and hear it so you know when to eat

Jonathan

Backer
Hmmmm, well, I can't agree with most of your points. Like having global chat. But I will agree to your point backing it and I have a solution for that. I did like the suggestion of implementing radio stations and radios to either contact other players and or play music. I would also like to see 2 way radios as well so that would act as a way to communicate to other players, or, have it to where you can drop the walkie talkie and when someone comes by, you can say things to them like a warning telling them not to come closer. That could be one of the anti KOS systems.

Facerafter

Backer
I would agree on a local text and VOIP chat and a global text chat that works like this:
For the global chat you need to have a functioning radio. When spawned you get a broken radio which can only receive, not send. You would need to repair the radio in order to send messages over the global chat.

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
i agree with local text and voip chat but global chat im kinda eh on. i think it will ruin some of the servers like @Applejaxc stated i dont want to be stalking and having a text going by reading "penis penis penis" because some dude is bored maybe add it as an option to run on your server if you rent one.