• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

singleplayer mode?

Thread starter #1

BlazeFarm

Backer
I feel the main issue with the game right now is its hard to get into a game and make progress enough to make me want to continue playing the game. it would be great if i could play on my own and wonder around to learn the map and how things work without any issue or danger from running into someone that may want to ruin the game for me. If i could play in a singleplayer or a local server that i could possibly edit some settings for things like spawning of certain items or the rarity of those items then i feel i would be able to test this game much more adequately and report any issues or extra recommendations that i may be able to come up with. I understand a fully integrated singleplayer may not be something that can be squeezed into the limited time you guys already have but maybe a local hosted lan server could be much more easily and quickly added for the benefit of all, this would also allow players to know for sure that the progress they made isnt gone due to a server shutting down or possibly resetting from an update.

Long story short, a local lan server or something similar to a 'singleplayer' experience would make it much easier to get into a game and less tedious if you die.

LonelyBeaver

Lord Of The Silver Beaver Damn
Backer
I've played this game a fair amount recently and to be honest with the lack of activity on the servers it feels like I have my own server anyway.

Thread starter #3

BlazeFarm

Backer
I have also played on dead servers, which is fine and fun, but my main goal with this post was to allow people to play completely on their own, all the time. The reason for that is that most of the time when you can run singleplayer mode, you can also modify existing files that you are allowed to like server owners may be able to do, such as weapon spawn rate or rarity, vehicle condition when they spawn in, or the amount of food. For all we know there could be a game breaking bug that kills you and instantly deletes your inventory or nearby inventories when you have been alive for say 50 days on the same character.

I feel singleplayer possibilites or open access to run your own server would bring this game back to life, especially considering last time i logged in i had the option to play maybe 10 servers.
It would simply be nice to be able to control some variables and test things more extensively that maybe A2Z has simply not thought of.