• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Skateboards/Hoverboards

This a good idea? is the work worth it?

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

Peterowsky

A Heroic Engineer
Backer
How about skateboards for a fast getaway vehicle? Muscle powered, relatively loud, wonderful on roads horrible on raw earth...
Could be found (pre-zombie model, sturdier) or crafted (A plank of wood, scrap metal, wheels, nuts & bolts)

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
skateboards would be a good idea im sure there will be other types of cars maybe even muscle cars in the game but with woods being post of the map i would guess besides the cities skateboards would be limited use

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
it would be sooooo cool to be able to keep a skateboard in your backpack and take it out in emergencies

Marbearis

As long as i get my sword, I don't care.
Backer

My uncle built one when i was around 8.
It was just a normal skateboard (with the mods for the weed eater engine of coarse)
It was the funnest thing in the world, he also made one with many other engines like chainsaw, and hedger engines.

As for a quick-ish mode of transport in the game. Granted you'd be vulnerable+the vehicle will also be fairly easy to damage.

It's fairly easy to make, plywood, some sort of saw, an engine of size, a cut to fit wheel and bam! got yourself one fun ride.

shooting off this thing would be difficult, but cool. you'd need to crouch to actually hit anything. as far as stability goes, aiming down sights or having your gun out at all should be de-stabalizing. adding some sort of fall would also make the game more immersive.

also adding a skateboard to the game would be a good idea haha...one you can use to scoot around, or a long board perhaps.

it be cool to be running from a hoard of zombies, spot a downhill road and sit on your board to get away with haste :D

could also be electric :3

another thing is the motorized bike they make special motors for them but one can improvised :3 , not sure if that's already been submitted or not

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
I think both modified skateboards and bikes are both do able, I mean I made a gas powered bike when I was younger.

I took off the pedal arms, put a chainsaw motor in the frame (Welding), ran the chain through where the original chain went, rigged a simple throttle, and bam! A kill your self 2000.

Marbearis

Backer
yea i made one of those about a year ago with my bro. really fun, good gas mileage XD

Marbearis

Backer
We should have that *places pipe bombs under* who wants one?
thats also another idea, i like the survival aspect of attaching an alarm clock to an RC car along with some boom sterf. then driving it to an area (or through) making as much attraction as possible :3

SpaceBaldy

Player and part-time fruit bat
Backer
Hoverboard bomb - sets fire to your house by default without any crafting.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Err, like in Back to the Future? :confused:

Edit: Googled it... that has wheels, far from hovering :p but maybe it has some mechanical parts that could be used elsewhere...

Last edited:

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
Hoverboard was the worst thing to happen. How about riding skateboard or longboard like the rest of us? More fun and maybe more dangerous, but heck that's also part of the fun you know? Trying not to fall going 30+mph with just a piece of wood below you. ;)

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
Hoverboard bomb - sets fire to your house by default without any crafting.
Hahaha, that would make it worth it I guess. Just throw the thing at people and watch them stare in confusion like "what the h-" boom done lol.