• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Sleeping

Sleeping?

• Yes

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

tyronethecalzone

Survivor
Backer
I know they said sleeping will most likely not be implemented but i think on private servers and when single player is added you should be able to sleep and if you dont you become tired and it ties into the mental health system

Norton

that guy who does things with sfm
Backer
I think it should be Implemented.
Like, if people don't want it on their servers then they can disable it.

PatrickD

Backer
I agree that it should be added but I don''t think it would work on public servers

MrMoose

Real talk
Backer
I think it should be Implemented.
Like, if people don't want it on their servers then they can disable it.
Yes, but how is that managed? You can't just say "it should be implemented", how would it work on a server with 30+ people for example?

Thread starter #5

tyronethecalzone

Survivor
Backer
Yes, but how is that managed? You can't just say "it should be implemented", how would it work on a server with 30+ people for example?
As i said before this would have of course a player cap like on private servers(Free hosted) which is up to 4 players i believe and when the implement single player

Thread starter #7

tyronethecalzone

Survivor
Backer
What are the effects of me not taking the time to sleep? If you want sleeping in the game, you gotta give us and example on how it should work.
Distortion,Low stamina,Just really not having to much energy just basically a hit on your mental state

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I like the idea but not sure how it could work, Maybe using energy through the day eventually lowers the cap limit of your actuall "stamina" (like in state of decay)...so if your char is resting/sleeping after say 1-2 hours you'll raise the stamina cap level up and have a slight bonus the more you rest/sleep the more stamina you get back and a bigger bonus, If you get a full sleep you'll not only get full energy but also not lose some for the first few hours of being awake due to being "well rested".

I dunno just a thought for if they consider it in the future.

Thread starter #13

tyronethecalzone

Survivor
Backer
I like the idea but not sure how it could work, Maybe using energy through the day eventually lowers the cap limit of your actuall "stamina" (like in state of decay)...so if your char is resting/sleeping after say 1-2 hours you'll raise the stamina cap level up and have a slight bonus the more you rest/sleep the more stamina you get back and a bigger bonus, If you get a full sleep you'll not only get full energy but also not lose some for the first few hours of being awake due to being "well rested".

I dunno just a thought for if they consider it in the future.
Love it!

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Also depending on what you sleep on/in would also determine how much of a good sleep it was :).
Bill Murry's house(zombieland) vs Damp celler (saw) lol
Bath vs Bed

Moderator #15

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
Like I said in the other thread about this... I work 50 hrs or so a week, have kids and a wife, so the time I am online, I really don't feel like 'not playing' the game because my guy needs to sleep. That being said, @strategos2411 and I kind of elaborated on 1 minute of sleeping would equate to 1 hour of "in-game sleep"... so to sleep 4-6 hrs in game, you'd need to leave your guy sleeping for 4-6 minutes, which would leave you susceptible for a fair amount of time, but not so long that it would deter people from playing because of the sleeping mechanic, as it could be done online w/o a problem.

I do like the immersion of sleep in survival games, but within reason, as it is a game, and some of us don't have time to wait hours and hours for our character to become rested... and on the other end of things, an "instant" sleep is no good either.

I think a sleep mechanic should be very simple, as you potentially hit a certain "sleepiness" and you start to lose energy at say a doubled rate until you sleep or something similar, that isn't overly complicated.

Thread starter #16

tyronethecalzone

Survivor
Backer
Like I said in the other thread about this... I work 50 hrs or so a week, have kids and a wife, so the time I am online, I really don't feel like 'not playing' the game because my guy needs to sleep. That being said, @strategos2411 and I kind of elaborated on 1 minute of sleeping would equate to 1 hour of "in-game sleep"... so to sleep 4-6 hrs in game, you'd need to leave your guy sleeping for 4-6 minutes, which would leave you susceptible for a fair amount of time, but not so long that it would deter people from playing because of the sleeping mechanic, as it could be done online w/o a problem.

I do like the immersion of sleep in survival games, but within reason, as it is a game, and some of us don't have time to wait hours and hours for our character to become rested... and on the other end of things, an "instant" sleep is no good either.

I think a sleep mechanic should be very simple, as you potentially hit a certain "sleepiness" and you start to lose energy at say a doubled rate until you sleep or something similar, that isn't overly complicated.
im talking about just straight up 2 seconds equates to 1 hour a quick sleep

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
I didn't mean real world hours :p I'm mad but not that mad :D

Moderator #18

DemoCar82

Community Mod
Backer
im talking about just straight up 2 seconds equates to 1 hour a quick sleep
At this point, what would the point of it be? It seems like it wouldn't really add to immersion if it only took a couple seconds to get 8 hrs of sleep... at that point IMO it is just more of a nuisance than a real functional part of the game.

Thread starter #19

tyronethecalzone

Survivor
Backer
At this point, what would the point of it be? It seems like it wouldn't really add to immersion if it only took a couple seconds to get 8 hrs of sleep... at that point IMO it is just more of a nuisance than a real functional part of the game.
tru but you can disable this remember that

Moderator #20

DemoCar82

Community Mod
Backer
tru but you can disable this remember that
Well, I don't personally know that because the game isn't out yet, and as of now, the devs said they didn't really want to have a sleeping mechanic in game as it is hard to implement properly, hence why we've tried to elaborate on an appropriate way to do it without turning people off, or just being silly.