• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Sliding/Swinging door trap.

Thread starter #1

SpaceWalrus

Backer
So say for instance you have the front door that opens inwards, And you dont have time to shut it before the zombies get you? Right hear me out here...

So you have a trip wire halfway up the door and the doors on a spring mechinisem so as someone walks through the door the pull the pin out of the spring and the door swings and hits them.. I Hear you ask how would it kill them! Well now children settle down, You could either make a wrectange shape with 4 lines of small logs along it with spikes in them so as it swings it hits all the vital organs? Or you could make it out of metal?

Could have for the wood one; Wire,Spring,Pin,4 Logs (small) for the frame and 4 logs (small) for the middle frame and then 9 sharpend sticks?

Metal; A metal sheet you nail to the door with Wood/Metal spikes penetraiting through the sheet metal. 1 Sheet metal, 9 Sharp sticks or welded rebar rods?

Suggestions welcome :)

Zacalog

I know exactly what kind of trap you're talking about, in fact I once saw it in a movie, and it was indeed deadly... And bloody. Sounds like an awesome idea!

Thread starter #3

SpaceWalrus

Backer
Yea i dont remember what film i saw it from but it looked amazing.. Thanks dude :)

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I like the idea of a spring loaded sliding door with sharpened metal welded to the edge... gives me the horn thinking about it :p

Wildstarftw

Just a guy
Backer
Would be pretty useful defending all sorts of scenarios, zombie horde, asshole player, etc. etc. you name it. Unless they try to climb through the window. then you might need a tripwire trap for that that swings the shutter down and kills them or something.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Unless they try to climb through the window. then you might need a tripwire trap for that that swings the shutter down and kills them or something.
That's actually not a bad idea, with metal shutters that would cause some damage to a person, zombie or vehicle.

All the spring loaded trip wire traps going into this makes me chuckle at the thought of some person with a house like Dr Zeus.
:D

Wildstarftw

Just a guy
Backer
That's actually not a bad idea, with metal shutters that would cause some damage to a person, zombie or vehicle.

All the spring loaded trip wire traps going into this makes me chuckle at the thought of some person with a house like Dr Zeus.
:D
Yeah, I'm imagining I just walk into some random house in the woods for a place to stay the night, and I open the door, what do I see? Tens to hundreds of trip wire traps, doors, windows, light switches, even outside at the trees. But hey, some people ARE 'd-day preppers'

Aforgomon

Embodiment of Spacetime
Backer
This sounds like a cool idea! :D I'd like to see it implemented in some way.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Forgot I already +1 this, but I think the separate idea of these for just defense and not to harm/trap anything/anyone deserves it's own mention...

Idea for reclaiming/crafting wood/metal hinged/sliding door/window shutter.

You could reclaim or make these for windows/doorways from wood/metal... would be good for shooting positions from windows within a building or an alternate entrance/exit, big sliding doors either reclaimed from a barn or crafted ones would serve as good, stable, quick to shut and close doors that don't require electricity/mechanical parts to work compared to a shop shutter which also would make a good addition if you choose to want one as metal ones are better for defense compared to wood.

Old cabin shutter

Crafted wood shutter

Reclaimed Barn Door

Sliding window shutter/door

Metal shop shutters

Davz Not Here

Backer
you know .....

this could not only be a trap but also a 'quick lock down' mech. ..... in other words you come running in the house, hit one button once inside the door, and the first floor locks down .... windows, doors, etc ..... all with pulleys and rope .... then you flee to the 2nd floor where another mech. could be set ..... rinse and repeat