• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Slingshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Cheester

Backer
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before or if it's already in the game because I forgot that I could use the forums :p. Anyways I think it would be a cool starting weapon if you could craft a slingshot pretty easily and it would stun zombies or slow animals for a second or just do a little bit of damage.

Cookie

Officially Unofficial.
Backer
Sounds basic and probably a good starting weapon. Cool.

MrMoose

Real talk
Backer
I think that'd be pretty neat. Pvc pipe + latex tubing + scrap of leather/cloth could make a powerful little slingshot.

danalpatt

Backer
sounds like it could be fun and that would make it so when are buddies are acting like fools we can shoot them with the sling shot and be like ...

duno what happend there maybe a bee sting... :D

+1 for the sling shot

brainspazm

Backer
Made a topic on the backers suggestion section on the similar item, but yeah a slingshot would great for the following use.

Uses:
- Hunting small game ( rabbits, squirrels, pheasants, quail, coyotes, weasels, opossums and etc.)
- Distraction ( zombies/Humans blocking your path, aim for a metal container across the yard and thope hey follow the sound)
- Silent semi-deadly weapon ( load it up with a steel ball as ammunition )

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Yeah this would be a must I would love to relive my years of playing Ocarina of Time and shooting Cuckoo's...........then running away from said Cuckoo's as fast as little links legs would take him.

What about ammunition, metal ball bereings would be the best like it's be suggested but there could be DIY ammo and weaker easier to find ammo. What about glass marbles those can pack quite a punch, you could also find them in a lot of diffrent shop's, they also have those really big marbles they wouldn't go as far but would cause some damage.
https://erandika.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/marbles_110.jpg

Also something I have made before would be distraction rounds. I have made sling shot ammo with wax paper, tape and a bunch of bang snap's. You open up a bunch of bang snaps and empty the contents in a square piece of wax paper, twist it into a ball then tape it shut. It's then basically a giant bang snap so you just have to hit it on a hard surface and Bang!, it actually took some bark of the tree I just threw it at as well. For gamplay you could craft it with wax paper, Tape, Firework powder(silver fulmenate) and gravel, then craft it into a ball and you can use it to distract and draw the attenion of players and zombies. It's loud and produces a bit of smoke so it would definitley get someones attenion.

brainspazm

Backer
I th
Yeah this would be a must I would love to relive my years of playing Ocarina of Time and shooting Cuckoo's...........then running away from said Cuckoo's as fast as little links legs would take him.

What about ammunition, metal ball bereings would be the best like it's be suggested but there could be DIY ammo and weaker easier to find ammo. What about glass marbles those can pack quite a punch, you could also find them in a lot of diffrent shop's, they also have those really big marbles they wouldn't go as far but would cause some damage.
https://erandika.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/marbles_110.jpg

Also something I have made before would be distraction rounds. I have made sling shot ammo with wax paper, tape and a bunch of bang snap's. You open up a bunch of bang snaps and empty the contents in a square piece of wax paper, twist it into a ball then tape it shut. It's then basically a giant bang snap so you just have to hit it on a hard surface and Bang!, it actually took some bark of the tree I just threw it at as well. For gamplay you could craft it with wax paper, Tape, Firework powder(silver fulmenate) and gravel, then craft it into a ball and you can use it to distract and draw the attenion of players and zombies. It's loud and produces a bit of smoke so it would definitley get someones attenion.
Metal bearings should be common seeing they're very inexpensive, but also hopefully you can craft them using scrap metal you find, as for the firework ammo that sounds good the only downside should be is that it also grabs attention in a bigger area compared to using a normal slingshot ammo.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Yeah I can see that you could probably find them at hardware and sport stores in diffrent sizes as well. On the Firecracker round yeah the purpose would draw attenion to large area, you could use it to aggro zombies towards players or for distracting zombies and players since you could launch it quite a ways.

You could also use the same principle for the fire cracker ammo to make pepper amma, just add house hold pepper to wax paper, tape it into a ball and hit a player to cover them in pepper. It would be the most effective with a head shot depending on how large the pepper ball was. A more effective version could be filled with broken glass.

Last edited:

jim

The Lords' Illusion
Backer
Really, your typical slingshot wouldn't do anything to a regular zombie or human. You'd need something much more powerful and you'd need some dangerous ammo too.

Yeah, I think there should be upgrades to the slingshot - A slingshot made out of wood would break but if you replaced that with a metal slingshot, then it might hold stronger and ammo would be another variable to watch out as well.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
They could do a lot more damage then you give them credit, have you ever been hit in the head by a steel ball bering shot froma a sling shot. I haven't but I don't want to, it could probably crack your skull and if you had good enough aim you could put a ball bering through someones eye. You have to remember the good sling shots are used for hunting small animals.

After thats been said it def would be one of the weakest weapons but it would be stronger then others especially if it was a good slingshot and not a cheap wood one. Thats one of the reasons I posted diffrent types of DIY slingshot ammo since it would be more of a support weapon.

Here is a slingshot I have been waiting to post on here that I think would make a really cool strong slingshot.
http://www.aftermathairsoft.com/images/products/detail_bone_collector.jpg

jim

The Lords' Illusion
Backer
They could do a lot more damage then you give them credit, have you ever been hit in the head by a steel ball bering shot froma a sling shot. I haven't but I don't want to, it could probably crack your skull and if you had good enough aim you could put a ball bering through someones eye. You have to remember the good sling shots are used for hunting small animals.

After thats been said it def would be one of the weakest weapons but it would be stronger then others especially if it was a good slingshot and not a cheap wood one. Thats one of the reasons I posted diffrent types of DIY slingshot ammo since it would be more of a support weapon.

Here is a slingshot I have been waiting to post on here that I think would make a really cool strong slingshot.
http://www.aftermathairsoft.com/images/products/detail_bone_collector.jpg
No, I'm talking about per say a rock you pick up off the ground. Yes, a tiny rock would hurt and it could do a bit of damage but it would take a fair bit to kill a man.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Oh yeah useing a rock would hurt, but depending on the size it wouldn't do much which is why steel ball berings have been suggested for the base ammo. You can find them in diffrent sizes all over the place and after some research they are typically sold with the good sling shots.

Moderator #13

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I like the idea of slingshots... maybe an improvised (homemade) one you could make with some elastic and a "Y" tree branch... and maybe a rarer one you could find in a sporting goods store.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
I like the idea of slingshots... maybe an improvised (homemade) one you could make with some elastic and a "Y" tree branch... and maybe a rarer one you could find in a sporting goods store.
Yeah I think you should be able to make a DIY sling shot and find a rarer, stronger and more durable slingshot in hunting/sport's store's.

Status
Not open for further replies.