• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Social Interactions

Thread starter #1

Dodger

Backer
The thing that drew my attention to this game in the first place was seeing the videos with all the interactions , light switches, generators, fuse boxes, working appliances etc. i love that. in my opinion there are far too many hack and slash/run and gun zombie games out now. I think what this genre needs is a game to really set it apart from the rest, item interactions and some social content. Maybe some things you can do other than just the basic zombie game stuff, for example maybe some nights you may just want to hang out with some other survivors and just kick back. Would be nice to be able to sit around a fire, maybe have a few beers... maybe even do a little dancing lol. maybe even a place like an old bar to fix up we could hang out in on Saturday nights and exchange some stories over a few drinks. Maybe there could be a morale system that would give the player a buff after interacting with others.

I have played just about every game in this genre in the past and even hosted some of my own servers. Some of my favorites had been dayz Epoch and Dayz Origins. In Origins you had the ability to build some pretty nice prefab houses with some nice interiors. But no animations or much for interact with-able objects. it really sucked having a nice house where i couldn't even sit on a chair or lay in a bed or turn on a light... not to mention being tantalized by the big pot of delicious goulash on the stove as you walk in the door but not being able to grab a bowl full even when my character was literally starving to death lol.

I am Loving the direction that this game is heading. The innovation, the creativity, the new fresh ideas, and its an honor to be able to be a part of this project while its still in its infancy, to be able to contribute and help it grow into what someday im sure may end up dominating this genre.

DavidLeon1

Backer
Yes it would be so awesome to just relax in-game and talk to your friend about your day

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
The thing that drew my attention to this game in the first place was seeing the videos with all the interactions , light switches, generators, fuse boxes, working appliances etc. i love that. in my opinion there are far too many hack and slash/run and gun zombie games out now. I think what this genre needs is a game to really set it apart from the rest, item interactions and some social content. Maybe some things you can do other than just the basic zombie game stuff, for example maybe some nights you may just want to hang out with some other survivors and just kick back. Would be nice to be able to sit around a fire, maybe have a few beers... maybe even do a little dancing lol. maybe even a place like an old bar to fix up we could hang out in on Saturday nights and exchange some stories over a few drinks. Maybe there could be a morale system that would give the player a buff after interacting with others.

I have played just about every game in this genre in the past and even hosted some of my own servers. Some of my favorites had been dayz Epoch and Dayz Origins. In Origins you had the ability to build some pretty nice prefab houses with some nice interiors. But no animations or much for interact with-able objects. it really sucked having a nice house where i couldn't even sit on a chair or lay in a bed or turn on a light... not to mention being tantalized by the big pot of delicious goulash on the stove as you walk in the door but not being able to grab a bowl full even when my character was literally starving to death lol.

I am Loving the direction that this game is heading. The innovation, the creativity, the new fresh ideas, and its an honor to be able to be a part of this project while its still in its infancy, to be able to contribute and help it grow into what someday im sure may end up dominating this genre.
I don't see why not to implement social items such as guitars (beer already confirmed I believe) and dancing....... But I would not sit around a campfire at night and play a guitar. Zombie hordes come out and you will be attacked.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I would not mind this to an extent, some people like being pro-active so may find sitting around talking to be stressful and lower the mood... but I guess with the whole mentality system having an impact on near all things, personality traits tied in somewhere will make people happy socializing. I know a certain Jack who can't wait to go around telling story's and being a middle-man between groups :p. Where as I would be sitting the night out in a tower, but maybe the distant music would calm my mood and stop me shaking if in a panicked state... I would also guess that the event's that transpire through the day may also have an effect on your mood by the time dusk arrives... so a little merry-making around a campfire before I go on watch would raise my mood, the possibility's are open but it all depends on to what extent...

God damn I love this game :p

I don't see why not to implement social items such as guitars (beer already confirmed I believe) and dancing....... But I would not sit around a campfire at night and play a guitar. Zombie hordes come out and you will be attacked.
This is most certainly true, but a traveling group of thespians would be so funny... :D

Moderator #5

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
What about a guitar with no strings? No noise = No zombies. And you can sill haven that fun campfire feeling :p