• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Sounds

Thread starter #1

MrsBye

Skittles are the farts of unicorns.
Backer
So this may not be a huge issue for other players but I dont really like playing with music/ambient sounds. I understand the need for say zombie and foot steps but if you could make it so players can turn off the ambient sounds and music but keep the zombie and foot step sounds that would be GREAT!! Seriously, most apocalyptic ambient sounds are freaking terrifying!! *shudder* Just a thought :D

MrMoose

Real talk
Backer
Being able to turn off/turn down ambient sounds would give you an advantage though..

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
In the menu on the video - http://community.survivethenights.net/threads/pre-alpha-update-1-menus-unity-5.3003/

There is an audio tab, and Jayty turns the volume down (button on the bottom right? not got time to watch it again just now so I could be wrong) but this may only be for the menu screen.

The audio tab has a slider for setting Master Volume, Music Volume & In game effects.

So you should be able to turn down the music, but zombie sounds, footsteps and ambient sounds might all be classed as in game effects

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I love the ambient noise of a zombie apocalypse, breeze blowing, birds singing, people screaming...I love it.

Davidbc

Community Mod
Backer
I always mute music, I hope I can do the same in STN, or just don't add any music, because realistically you don't hear music walking through the woods...

Thread starter #6

MrsBye

Backer
Quite honestly it doesnt matter what game it is I hate the repetitiveness of the ambient noises. I knew they had an idea of how to handle the sound...I just want a way to turn off the "extra" noise. In most games it just gives me a headache.

MrMoose

Real talk
Backer
I'm not sure I follow. Ambient noise are things like wind blowing, birds chirping, bushes rustling, water flowing, your own breathing, etc
How can you play WITHOUT these sounds? Walking around in dead silence with the only other sounds being zombies or players would be pretty silly imo.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I'm not sure I follow. Ambient noise are things like wind blowing, birds chirping, bushes rustling, water flowing, your own breathing, etc
How can you play WITHOUT these sounds? Walking around in dead silence with the only other sounds being zombies or players would be pretty silly imo.
I know its part of the atmosphere, but MrsBye might be referring to noises like in metro (pipes squeeking and such) and wanting to be able to turn stuff like that off....I only like to turn the music off myself in games, apart from on the hitman games.

Maybe its the little ambient noises like that she does not want to listen too....actually I am confused now............:confused:

Moderator #10

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I prefer ambient noise myself... IMO it adds to immersion. I would be afraid of people using it to hear other players and such, like mentioned previously.

If it was an option, everyone would turn it off and it would defeat the purpose of adding any types of ambient sounds at all.

Thread starter #11

MrsBye

Backer
I know its part of the atmosphere, but MrsBye might be referring to noises like in metro (pipes squeeking and such) and wanting to be able to turn stuff like that off....I only like to turn the music off myself in games, apart from on the hitman games.

Maybe its the little ambient noises like that she does not want to listen too....actually I am confused now............:confused:
No your right! Like I dont mind bug noises, wind noises, rivers ect but its like the repetitive annoying noises that go off all the time and the ones that are like squeaking pipes that dont sound like actual squeaking pipes...they are just an extra noise...

Would be good and bad to have it ign but i would love being able to hear when someone is comming to #Shrek me.

Great suggestion