• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Spotlights

DazedGlory

Backer
the idea of spot like would be good i would think for less energy use than a flood light and for less coverage, something small that lights the outside in case you need to go get something? could be an addition to a security system!

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
Somebody call my name? and maybe.. would be nice I guess :)

DazedGlory

Backer
I don't think that's possible in any logical situation ever.
could be a motion light that is faced in one direction that when something is near it kicks on and has a 20/30 second duration before it kicks off this would be logical. it could be a detection system like security cameras(which will be a long term addition i believe) but as that one trap i seen the air horn under the rock that is tripped and makes noise it could be used to alert you of someones/somethings nearance.

TheDwemerComrade

Backer
could be a motion light that is faced in one direction that when something is near it kicks on and has a 20/30 second duration before it kicks off this would be logical. it could be a detection system like security cameras(which will be a long term addition i believe) but as that one trap i seen the air horn under the rock that is tripped and makes noise it could be used to alert you of someones/somethings nearance.
Wouldn't it just make more sense to have a spotlight pointed in the place where the tripwire would be instead of this complicated stuff?

DazedGlory

Backer
Wouldn't it just make more sense to have a spotlight pointed in the place where the tripwire would be instead of this complicated stuff?
I wouldn't think so because 1)the spotlight would cause more use of the energy. 2)zombies become more attracted to a lighted/noisy source that is running? with the motion detector this would limit those two but to make you alert something is outside. with the spotlight you are just focused on one plot of land and one window to watch when there could be multiple lots and entrances to follow ones movement. IM just trying to make ideas work and more logical then just shooting them down and saying they are complicated, because in turn we don't know what is complicated and what isn't, to me adding any new system to a game sounds complicating because i don't have the skills to do so, but what are the developers capable of? hopefully ALOT :D

there will be awesome to craft or found spot light and able it to stand on ground or vehicles or buildings :)