• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Spreading fire and oil

Thread starter #1

Stealth_Valtsu

Keep dat hair short
Backer
I think there should be a mechanic that fire can spread, but only for limited area. Cause the mechanic of fire spreading is realistic and adds people more opportunities in creativity. Like starting a forest on fire so you could escape a bandit team or zombies. And also I think that you should have an option to put oil on ground and starting a fire close to it or on it would make the oil burn.

(hoping that no one hasn't created a similar thread yet and sry if bad English)

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
i don't know about forest fires because from what i know of fires make you drop frames like crazy

odinfan1

shhh im hunting zombies
Backer
I like the oil and fire, however it might be hard to implement flame spread with the engine they are using but I don't know its limitations

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Forest fires would not help anyone really :p but if there are ways to use it... like the idea of fire that can spread on oil, it would need it's limitations for server performance but some stuff should be, maybe like vehicles, furniture and tires... Things you could use to barricade and defend yourself, block a certain path or use in an offensive way.

Davz Not Here

Backer
i like this dynamic ..... if it's implemented properly, and the mechanics work, it changes all manner of other things: resources (wood and animals), PvP, housing, crops, etc .....

..... could be interesting