• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Stargate network trello page for anyone interested

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Can't get it to work properly for me, I think you're using a chrome browser, or something that uses Blink (WebKit fork) as the rendering engine. I don't trust that back-end myself.

Thread starter #3

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Yes im using Chrome, nice to know for others having issues. Helpful.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
But aren't you just a little scared that I know that just from the links you post?
If you're not, then you should be!
Not from me, I'm not an internet stalker … but if it takes me 5 seconds to do that, imagine what 'bad actors' could do in an hour ...

Thread starter #5

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Your a good guesser is what you are lol

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
NO, I'm just good with IT … scarcely good. I've done things Microsoft say are impossible. It's true. Exchange database down, no backups, server hardware trashed due to fire? 11 hours to get back, and I had a break or three for food and smokes. When it comes to IT, then I am still a godlike personality. Even though I've quit that job over two years ago. It's all about trying to learn SUSV stuff now, you know drones ...

Want to test me?

Thread starter #7

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
NO, I'm just good with IT … scarcely good. I've done things Microsoft say are impossible. It's true. Exchange database down, no backups, server hardware trashed due to fire? 11 hours to get back, and I had a break or three for food and smokes. When it comes to IT, then I am still a godlike personality. Even though I've quit that job over two years ago. It's all about trying to learn SUSV stuff now, you know drones ...

Want to test me?
Not really lol

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Not knowing how good I am at IT back-end systems, nor not knowing about multi-rotor drones?
LOL!
I could bore you to tears on either subject :)

Thread starter #9

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Not knowing how good I am at IT back-end systems, nor not knowing about multi-rotor drones?
LOL!
I could bore you to tears on either subject :)
Go on

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
What do want to start with? IT or drones?

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Well, this is a can of worms, and like STN, very few can openers.
The laws around the world are in a constant state of flux. Just when (in the UK) you thought you'd good a handle on drone registration, the Vol. 3 part of your Ops. Manual, then the CAA announces CAP 1789. Oh, yes, we've got compulsory registration coming this year as well.
What does that mean? Basically, if you've got a mutli-rotor airframe that can fly outdoors, even in a light breeze, you need to be registered.
Anything over 250g.
I enjoy flying my SUSVs, but it is a demanding hobby (at the moment, I still want to make it a viable business). Let's look at the basics I need to adhere to under UK law:
1) Permission to launch and recover your equipment from the land owner.
2) Insurance. I have basic cover from the BMFA, but also pay for commercial insurance.
3) Adherence to the drone code - https://dronesafe.uk/drone-code/
4) Flying safely, using weather forecasts, NOTANs, METARs, TAFs, posting your own flight information.

You might ask what I fly, my drones range from one that will sit in your hand up to one with a 1.86m tip to tip wingspan.

Well, I guess that's enough 'overload' for now, there's more, if you want it!

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Do we need a new thread (or two) about drone and IT stuff so we don't derail this topic?

Thread starter #14

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Nothing is derailed in /offtopic, ever.

However if you feel like creating a thread on drones in offtopic that'd be swell, might even grab the attention of others around the community who get into drones as well. Never know, throw it out there.

It is interesting tho, such an emerging field.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I'll fire up a new thread, see if anyone is interested ...

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I'll fire up a new thread, see if anyone is interested ...