• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Stashes

Thread starter #1

Baby Blender

big man
Backer
Sort of a small suggestion, but one I find quite implementable.

Whether common painkillers or hard sleepers, people often have stashes of all sort of pills in their glove compartment or tire spacing.

This also goes for ammunition, hygiene-related products, etc.

Regards, Blender

[TGE]Gloriousdixon

Backer
survivior caches could spawn the really high end guns we wish to come across such as m16's and other good military equipment. could also spawn high amounts of food and water.

but this needs to be balanced correctly such as making them so you loot them and the cache will after it has been emptied will change its position on the server atleast 3 miles away from where it orriginally was.

it would also have to spawn with different items according to the reigon of the map that it is in such as if it was in a cold reigon in the map it would spawn with like hand warmers and sweatshirts.

They should rarely spawn in the basements of houses under like floor boards and such and maybe in the middle of a forest near a hunting cabin underground

I dont know maybe something like this add your thoughts below :D

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I like this because its your own little spin on something along the lines of the airdrop in Rust, and it's more like you are finding a previous dead non-player survivors gear. The only things I think about are, how would you know where to look/would there be a way of finding them e.g finding notes, word of mouth etc... It's abit like the crates in H1Z! where you find notes to get the loot but the fact that they would be in random locations would stop people camping in these spots aswell unlike in H1Z1...

I'm not sure on under floor boards as people would get used to where these movable floor boards would be but the idea of basement's, forest/woods, rooftops, underground and in wrecked vehicles is good, just so people would not get used to looking in certain spots.

But saying all that, with the amount of things to salvage/loot I don't think there would be a need to supplement loot/gear in this way like other games because of the bland worlds that are not as interactive... H1Z1, Rust and DayZ need these... H1 has barely anything to loot/salvage and the same with Rust and DayZ,

Its a good idea but with the Island(s) (ya never know, could be more after full release if we nag them enough) these guys are making, it's like an extra character and not something your just running around on. :D

So yes from me but I also don't think it would be needed :p

Davz Not Here

Backer
the idea is good ..... so yes ..... +1

i like it being limited,
moving so people will not troll the same spot,
and i like the items being relevant to the climate / area/ etc

BUT .....

i say no ..... provisionally ..... -1

the whole point of a prep cache (feel free to read up on prepping -> caches ) ..... is that it's so well hidden, by you and only you ..... no one but you could find it ..... it is also specifically meant to be set up on your 'bug out' route ..... meaning if you have to leave your main supply and housing ..... you have fall back points with basic supplies, while you get deeper into the wilderness .....

in regards to weapons specifically.
how many people prep for 'cataclysm" ?
all it takes is a cursory google search and you will see the percentage of people prepared for a disaster = small
and the percentage of those people that prepare for a disaster, who also prepare for a long term disaster = much smaller
and the percentage of all those people, who prepare for both long and short term disasters AND have military grade weapons = VERY small

most people who prep. have basics like shotguns, handguns, and hunting rifles ..... all semi auto w/ an extended tube / mag. or 2 + a box of hollow points or 2, yes most likely .....

military grade? ..... not so much ..... accessibility and price would affect this .....

[TGE]Gloriousdixon

Backer
I have read up but qhat I am thinking about is something thats very hard to find and players shpuld be able to store things in little underground caches just invase the going gets roufh you uavr some stuff to get you buy such as things you can sell to other players or basic food water and maybe a gun and ammo thw ones that spwan thpugh around the map and change position should spawn good equipment because most likelythese would have been created just Iincase there is some sort of a appocalypse so they are going to habve hard to get items auch as ar15s and nightvision goggles with better quality food items and water purification aystems

Ps. Sorry about my spelling I typed this in class

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I like the idea of making your own but anything to elaborate might bring attention, but to have certain bag's, metal cases that can be hidden away and stay there (until taken) would be a good idea, then with this you could hide them in almost any place... under a car, hanging from a grid down into the sewer (that would be suicide :p) or hidden within foliage with hidden hobo signs to remember the locations.

I do get your idea of finding some decent stuff in a cache of some kind but just finding it should be sheer luck... I would prefer if if non-player weapon/item caches appeared after a plane/helicopter crash or drifting ashore... and there was player only "hidden stash" i.e bag/suitcase... just I would like to know for sure whether I am stealing/scavenging...

Ps. Sorry about my spelling I typed this in class
Tut tut... :rolleyes: