• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Steam Approved! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

colours

Survival Aficionado
Backer
Th game was built from the ground up..we not dealing with EA or Ubisoft level devs they're learning everyday...if u dont like the what theyre doing u can always go make your own game
I think your heart is in the right place, but that line of reasoning is fallacious at best. It's a poorly constructed "gotcha" to try to squash dissent, and it's tiresome, troublesome and unnecessary.

So why hasn't the question about the backers having first access before the rest of the public? seems like we were lied to?
If I remember correctly, the devs originally believed that they could generate keys for backers without having to launch the steam store to the public, for the purposes of testing. As it turned out, you cannot do one without having the other, and thus the plans to provide "earlier than early" access to the game exclusively for backers were cancelled.

KushBluntsLA

Backer
You are greatly misunderstanding the development of this game.All the features are still in the game, but they wont make it on launch. Vehicles will still be in game, but for a reason (probably buggy as hell) they are left out on release. So pls ask, before spreading false and negative accusations.
I guess you must not read properly what I wrote. I said it's like no MANS Sky show all these videos of what the game is supposed to have and then find out none or less than a quarter of what's posted as features or gameplay was not there. Why not show videos of where the games at and where they think or should be at this stage. It's like sending a nude video of my dixx to a girl and making it look like 12 inches and when I get to her place and whip it out and finds out it's 3 inches it's like why send the video of what I wished it could be instead of what it really is. (I mean it's already 11 and half just using that as reference lol)

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
Hello all,

The time has come to announce our release date! :) Our builds have been approved by Steam. We will be moving forward with release on Thursday, December 21st. The Steam store will open up and the game will become downloadable to all. Servers should be up although you should NOT expect them to be stable for several days.

We will have another update out before release that will go into a bit more detail as to what should be expected from the build. What’s in, what’s not, what needs work and how we’ll bug report. For the time being, you can have a quick glance at the current store. We’ve updated it to reflect just where the build is.

Thanks much for the continued support! We’re drawing closer to some real testing and the team is excited to get working with you all!
So does this mean the build is complete, and all that we're waiting on is that day? And if so, do we know what time it will be released? Would there be any point in staying up to play Thursday morning or would it be out towards the middle-end of the day

ld-airgrafix

Survivor
Backer
I guess you must not read properly what I wrote. I said it's like no MANS Sky show all these videos of what the game is supposed to have and then find out none or less than a quarter of what's posted as features or gameplay was not there. Why not show videos of where the games at and where they think or should be at this stage. It's like sending a nude video of my dixx to a girl and making it look like 12 inches and when I get to her place and whip it out and finds out it's 3 inches it's like why send the video of what I wished it could be instead of what it really is. (I mean it's already 11 and half just using that as reference lol)
Sure it is haha.
But seriously, the videos are used as promotional tools and nothing else. Its the same when building a house, you usually get plans, and an artists rendering of the house, which usually shows lovely trees, grass, parks etc, however when the house is done, there is no grass, park or anything else. It looks nothing like the drawing, takes time for grass and trees to grow etc. hope this post makes sense, its hot as hell in Melbourne, and I have had few beers

s1mpel

Backer
If you have waited for so long time, why is it not possible to wait only this four days? - Did not get the point. - Sorry.

shanmk3

Backer
@JB_ so If i buy a copie to put into my BF stocking stuffers he will be able to play with me at the same time ? :)

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
The reason the comparison to Hello Games is wrong... because at no point did Hello Games say before the release of NMS what features they will not include at launch, a2z have.

Thread starter Admin #95

KushBluntsLA

Backer
The reason the comparison to Hello Games is wrong... because at no point did Hello Games say before the release of NMS what features they will not include at launch, a2z have.
Dude we just found yesterday 5 days before launch that many features will be missing. Manu thought they would be getting what we saw on the video like being able to fortify a structure the main and almost the second aspect of game is missing I bet mlost all if not many thought that would be working at launch and yeah yeah don't give me the fanboy bs it's pre alpha if I new the 3 main things that made the game different was a mobile command center such as the RV and using a trailer on your truck, 2nd using electricity in the structure and the last is being able to fortify a structure as we can't even do that and as padlocking is the only option. These only thing that separated this from other survival games was these aspects and none of them are ready. I backed this game 4 years ago you didn't hear me complain about the change 2 years in fine no biggie but waited another 2 years and found out none of the student backed is in game 5 days before launch then yes it is 80 percent like no mans sky as in clarity of what's in game not as gameplay obvousily

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Dude we just found yesterday 5 days before launch that many features will be missing. Manu thought they would be getting what we saw on the video like being able to fortify a structure the main and almost the second aspect of game is missing I bet mlost all if not many thought that would be working at launch and yeah yeah don't give me the fanboy bs it's pre alpha if I new the 3 main things that made the game different was a mobile command center such as the RV and using a trailer on your truck, 2nd using electricity in the structure and the last is being able to fortify a structure as we can't even do that and as padlocking is the only option. These only thing that separated this from other survival games was these aspects and none of them are ready. I backed this game 4 years ago you didn't hear me complain about the change 2 years in fine no biggie but waited another 2 years and found out none of the student backed is in game 5 days before launch then yes it is 80 percent like no mans sky as in clarity of what's in game not as gameplay obvousily
Fanboy, that's cute but I'm just talking logic.
You may have only found out yesterday but the information has been around for sometime just JB more than likely was waiting for the "right build" the "steam build" to be ready so there was a complete list of what's in and what's not... but I can't speak for him or the team ofc... just saying what I SEE.

Now whether or not you knew this information was there or not, it was there non the less.

My point about a2z's transparency still stands.

Sonboomin

Up and coming youtuber
Backer
I think your heart is in the right place, but that line of reasoning is fallacious at best. It's a poorly constructed "gotcha" to try to squash dissent, and it's tiresome, troublesome and unnecessary.

If I remember correctly, the devs originally believed that they could generate keys for backers without having to launch the steam store to the public, for the purposes of testing. As it turned out, you cannot do one without having the other, and thus the plans to provide "earlier than early" access to the game exclusively for backers were cancelled.
It was necessary...tired of hearing people bitch..if u dont like something do something bout it...bitching not gonna help‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.