• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Stereo/Radio

Thread starter #1

Ryan SImard

Ryan SImard
Backer
I think adding a radio/stereo to the game that has lets say 2 or 3 playlists with 10 songs each would add some ambiance to the game! Think some country music or some nice jazz!! Anyone else thinking GTA Radio? this could be simpler then that but still great!

thraxinius

Forum Feeder
Backer
Yes this is a good idea! It will have to attract near by zombies though because noise! also this ties into the sanity system because who doesn't love a good song it always improves your mood!

thraxinius

Forum Feeder
Backer
Yeah, I really like the idea of listening to the radio in your car. Tune into player controlled radio stations. Hero station 98.7!
Exactly this would be a perfect idea! maybe you could also find rare cassette tapes around the world or something or possibly even start to leave them your self as voice notes!

Facerafter

Backer
I believe that there come some trouble with radio stations.
Because you either have to write and compose own songs (Alot of work) or you can use existing songs which need authorization of the owners/authors of the song (Which may cost money).

Thread starter #10

Ryan SImard

Ryan SImard
Backer
Ya it would give a boost to moral/sanity levels! and you could toggle the volume to attract more/less zombies.

on a darker not you could use it to attract zombies to use AGAINST other survivors... you could set it up so that its infront of someones house and blast the volume and make your enemy pay lol, if ofcourse it comes to that

TheDwemerComrade

Backer
I believe that there come some trouble with radio stations.
Because you either have to write and compose own songs (Alot of work) or you can use existing songs which need authorization of the owners/authors of the song (Which may cost money).
If the players play music from the internet its fine then, maybe it would pull up an overlay on youtube or something? Hah.

Thread starter #12

Ryan SImard

Ryan SImard
Backer
Yeah, but you need to stay out of licensed music or else things could get rough.
Im sure some older tunes would sell licenses for cheap, or even allow music for free. (IE if their song isint popular anymore but still good they may let us lisiten to it for free so people could hear it!)

Matt98451

Backer
Yes this is a good idea! It will have to attract near by zombies though because noise! also this ties into the sanity system because who doesn't love a good song it always improves your mood!
Maybe you could find ear phones/head phones to plug into your radio do then there is no noise made!

thraxinius

Forum Feeder
Backer
Maybe you could find ear phones/head phones to plug into your radio do then there is no noise made!
Good idea! But also with headphones it should take away all external noise so if someone busts down your down and you are building with your headphones in you cant hear the door being bust down!

Matt98451

Backer
Good idea! But also with headphones it should take away all external noise so if someone busts down your down and you are building with your headphones in you cant hear the door being bust down!
Yes or it reduces your sould a bit not to the point of you can hear nothing what so ever

thraxinius

Forum Feeder
Backer
Yes or it reduces your sould a bit not to the point of you can hear nothing what so ever
Or the possibility of changing your volume level to the point where you can barely hear it or to the point where people around you can hear it!

Eyolo

Backer
Yeah, but you need to stay out of licensed music or else things could get rough.
Since this game is going to be heavily influenced by the community anyways, it would make sense to me that the Dev's could just mention that they would implement radio if the users provide the music. It would be a good way for us to give to the game and a good way for Indie bands to get some exposure.

Matt98451

Backer
Since this game is going to be heavily influenced by the community anyways, it would make sense to me that the Dev's could just mention that they would implement radio if the users provide the music. It would be a good way for us to give to the game and a good way for Indie bands to get some exposure.
Did you hear that sound? it the sound of my brains splattered all over the walls. Now come clean it up