• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Stills and home made gas

Thread starter #1

ZomDawg

Friend of Zombies
Backer
Does anyone know anything about stills? Can motors even run well off of the quality of ethanol created this way? Also, would it be practical and able to be kept somewhat realistic to make it in game?

Moderator #4

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
Straight ethanol or alcohol requires some very specific changes to vehicles... however, for in-game sake I am sure we could look beyond that. Along with maybe gassifiers and/or rendering animal fats to make fuel also. There are many options I think could go in game really that would be sweet.

Finndawg

El Sobreviviente
Backer
As the title suggests, an improvised moonshine destillerie that you can create within the location you've got fortified.

You'd be able to use it to make moonshine or highgrade alcohol which you could use to fuel petrol cars, sterilize medical equipment and various other applications.

Perhaps you could even consume alcohol and get dizzy and hazey, which could even decrease your mental state when abused?

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Backer
This is a pretty good idea. I like how you're given an ultimatum of either drinking the Moonshine or fueling the vehicle. That's a lot of moonshine good sir!

Tally Ho!

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
yea a lot of post of people wanting booze i said in my threads i would love to be able to make it also have a little brewery going inside my garage

Finndawg

El Sobreviviente
Backer
Corn or sugarcane with water and heat is apparently all you need apart from a keg and some copper tubing, not to mention a flame obviously, though the concept is simple, I think this could be a very realisic feature they could add, literally anybody in a post apocalypic situation could make one of these.

refuseresist

Backer
Corn or sugarcane with water and heat is apparently all you need apart from a keg and some copper tubing, not to mention a flame obviously, though the concept is simple, I think this could be a very realisic feature they could add, literally anybody in a post apocalypic situation could make one of these.
And yeast. The sugars in corn or sugarcane (or anything else that has sugars in them, like barley, wheat, potatoes, sugar if you feel like your hangovers aren't overkill enough) won't become alcohol just by heating it up. Without fermentation you'll end up with small amounts of hot, sweet corn-flavoured distilled water. Even with distilling something that has already fermented there's always the case of methanol that will get you drunk, but will make you more than sick. Source: I have made alcohol from scratch.

But there was a car mechanic simulator game out there, so maybe completely nonrealistic things will keep happening in videogames.