• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

STN brew masters, i bid you goodday

Thread starter #1

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Is brewing your thing? Into stills?

Lets chat about that here. Im a budding amature and plan to eventually start catching wild yeast, even growing my own wheat for brewing beer. I think this thread will flourish given time, must be others in the community with an interest in brewing/distilling.

This thread deserves an opening youtube video

Aye, there be talk of drink here. Avast ye, sheath your sword place your iron on the table lets parlay with a piece of nine.

Thread starter #2

DZS

Survivor
Backer

Home brew and Dire Straits, fits like a glove.

Recently made another home brew. This time i was aiming for more original, non hop'd.

Juniper berrys
Caraway seeds
Liquid Malt
Date syrup
Filtered water
Bakers yeast

Boiled for about an hour to create the wort, added the berrys and seeds about 20 mins before starting primary ferment. This was a small batch, i don't yet have a carboy only 5 liter water containers. I could of got some more interesting yeast but ive had some good results from bakers yeast and it works well for me as i do alot of home baking. Wine yeast has produced good results for beer in the past. The yeast eased back after about 3 days, started a second ferment by adding what was left of the liquid malt and some brown sugar. The thing with bakers yeast is it goes nuts when brewing but only gets to a max of about 8% alcohol. Still it produces some interesting almost fruity flavors. Ive brought an airlock not yet got a hydrometer still learning my craft. I don't know what percentage the final result is, its very drinkable the juniper came through well with some carbonation and a lite head when poured. Its a refreshing brew not overly dry a hint of sweetness.

I have a great interest in creating ancient drinks, would love to experiment with mead someday.

Thread starter #4

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Whats cooking doc?

Strange brew, its great for me and you

Bakers yeast
Sage
Juniper Berries
Coffee
1 cup of sugar
Filtered water

The purpose of the magnets is to alter the water properties. Been curious as to how it might affect a brew.