• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Sub Caliber Flare Gun Inserts

Thread starter #1

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Here are some flare gun attachments that I found that could turn a 26.5mm flare gun into a small break action pistol. I thought they would be pretty interesting since a lot of people want flare guns in STN and they seem like an item someone with a flare gun would own even if it were illegal. These are pretty simple attachments, they just need to be inserted into the ammo port of the barrel. They have .22LR sub caliber devices that while weak could probably be modified further to be pretty silent. Further up in size they have a .38 Special sub caliber device that would give it a bit more kick. The strongest one I have seen in the .45/.410 sub caliber device, this would be the rarest but would make the flare gun pretty versatile since you could load either .45 pistol rounds, .410 shotgun shells or slide out the attachment for flares.

You could find them anywhere in game you could find a flare gun and they would definitley make flareguns more versitile. They would also be pretty economical since you wouldn't waste rounds very fast when dealing with zombies or hunting small game but unless you had the .45/.410 model it wouldn't be very good for pvp so they wouldn't make flare guns over powered. I also just found out about 12g shotgun adapters but I believe it is illegal to actually put a 12g shell in a flare gun since it count's as a shotgun without a stock and a short smooth bore barrel. Like I said before though just because it's illegal dosn't mean we wouldn't be able to find it, they also look very similar to the other inserts so someone could pass it off as a lower caliber insert.

.22LR Sub Caliber Flare Gun Insert
http://images.ontheedgebrands.com/get/w/400/h/400/A52-KC7356.image?notfound=notavailable

.38 Special Sub Caliber & a 12g Sub Caliber Flare Gun Insert's
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/flare_launcher_inserts-tfb.jpeg

.45/.410 Sub Caliber Flare Gun Insert
http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/5418175048/12675073/001.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

Here is a video showing off the inserts in use, the 1st min is legal mumbo jumbo if you want to skip it.

beltofruss

Mmmm... meat
Backer
I like the idea but im not sure how practical it is. The developers said it would be easier to find loot, so i would think that just finding a pistol would be pretty easy.

Thread starter #3

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Yeah it would depend some on how frequent pistols are, they said loot will be easier to find but that doesn't mean guns will be really common. Also it kind of turns a flare gun into a survival pistol since instead of holding 3-4 pistols you could have the flare gun and several inserts and you could use 5-6 diffrent kinds of ammo. It would probably equal out to less weight but it wouldn't be as combat effective as carrying a typical pistol.