• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Suggestion for Temperature regulation

Thread starter #1

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
Not sure how to start this but I will just jump in.

Each article of clothing should have an insulation rating between 1 and 10 (How well the article of clothing insulates you from cold). This will let us determine which piece of clothing has a better chance of keeping us cool or warm with different clothing styles. I myself like to have a pretty standard set outfit (when playing DayzSA) that helps with all scenarios. Raincoat, cargo pants, Hat, Facemask, gloves and boots. That way I know I am set for a generic style of comfort and no need to change anything besides the jacket hat and gloves.

This can also be used to get the temperature right the first time. Instead of having a temperature based on where you are you can have a rating between 1 and 10 for each region that ties into the clothing. Higher elevations can have a rating of 7 through 10 and lower elevations can have a rating between 3 through 6. As long as those values for the region meet what the total clothing values are you are fine and no need to mess with (what I am assuming is) a complicated system of actual temperature and is based on set values instead.

Davz Not Here

Backer
i like this idea ..... right now it is -3 with a wind chill of -10 ..... (real life relevance here) my fixer upper house, with wood heat, is still under construction ..... e.g we actually have an indoor windchill .....

on to the point ..... i am wearing 3 layers tops and bottoms, thermals (hiking quality), under flannel jammies, under cargo pans and a hoodie, 2 pairs of wool hiking socks ..... and this is just to stay comfortable inside .....

and based on that, if this is implemented it should include 'housing' as well ..... since the condition of your house very much affects thermal retention as well .....

Moderator #3

Alexander Matthews

M0d3rat0r
Community Mod
Backer
I like this too. It will make clothing more relevant in the game. And @Davz Not Here it's -10 degrees here and the windchill is -5. It's goddamn brutal! If only I could lock myself away from the weather and play STN....

Moderator #4

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I like the concept of temp rating.

What would I wear here?... record setting -41 below here this morning w/o wind chill. :D

Davz Not Here

Backer
i know from being on the road in real life ..... 80lbs duffle, i always had winter clothes ..... i always had summer clothes. I always had a jacket for winter and a hoodie for the rest ..... + assorted other stuff

relevant story here
i remember one camping trip, about 50 + people in the mts., around Espanola NM, mid april ..... it was 80 by day 25 at night ..... then we got hit with some 'freak' snow storm one day and night ..... so on goes the winter coat ..... but it's BIG WET HEAVY snow flakes .... so your coat gets wet and heavy FAST .....

so every one is standing around the bonfire in a snow storm, and your front is warm and dry ..... until your back gets too cold and wet ..... then you turn around ...... rinse and repeat ...... to regulate your temp (and dryness)