• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Survivalist trait.

Thread starter #1

Jay-Dub

Maddaber
Backer
I would LOVE to see this kind of trait.
When you increase this trait it will be giving you the experience of surviving the apocalypse things like seeing dead bodies and hordes of zombies will no longer affect you as much. You have seen this before, You have survived it.

In this trait you will see difference's in things such as

-Dead bodies not affecting you
-The walking dead not scaring you.
-Eating rats for diner is just a treat to you.
-Increased strength (And other things if they are in the game. Such as carrying more weight)
-Able to withstand longer periods of time without food and water.
-Possibly being able to salvage more things (Such as food, Tools. Etc)
-Things like being able to open cans without a tool (Some cans you can put a dent in and rip open or rub the top on the ground and pop it open)

I do not know if there is going to be Characters pre picked by the player as in Fireman Police Tough guy.
But if there is i want it to be known i want this to a trait ANY player can upgrade, If there is Characters that come with Items on spawn, have pre loaded traits i would not mind having this trait being upgraded but this is for players who survived. Who have stared the apocalypse in the eyes and gave it the middle finger.

Last edited:
Thread starter #2

Jay-Dub

Maddaber
Backer
I want you to come and give opinions on this add onto things i have missed. Debate about things that NEED to be in this.

Moderator #3

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
It's a nice idea good sir but I feel that all characters should be the same.

I know that there will be a skills in the game

Reference:

An important aspect of any multiplier game is leader boards, achievements and leveling your character in order to move up in rank. Survive the most nights to gain server wide rep. Level your character to better your skills.

• Leveling up will be old school. Do something enough and you'll get better at it
  • Hunt to improve your trapping abilities
  • Shoot to improve your accuracy
  • Fortify a lot to improve your carpentry skills

So maybe it will be a leveling system for that?

I agree with a skill for it but not different types of characters as that would make it harder to balance game-play when it comes down to certain things.

Tally Ho!

Thread starter #4

Jay-Dub

Maddaber
Backer
This post was not for the types of characters, But for the trait. I was saying i do not want it to be strictly for a pre picked character (IF! they are in the game) This was a tree trait i was suggesting. Because if you survive in the apocalypse you should be rewarded in such ways. I do not want it to be a perk that is just given to you in any way shape or form i want you to slowly earn things from this trait until you are a true survivalist!

Thread starter #6

Jay-Dub

Maddaber
Backer
See i do not know what exactly they are putting in the for leveling/skill.
I am putting this out there without fine lines written. This is for other people to add onto and eventually the devs to pick up and do something with (If so shall happen)
I cannot really nit pick this so much because i am not a dev and have not seen what they have in plan for the subject.
You know what i mean?

Last edited:
Moderator #7

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
See i do not know what exactly they are putting in the for leveling/skill.
I am putting this out there without fine lines written. This is for other plays to add onto and eventually the devs to pick up and do something with (If so shall happen)
I cannot really nit pick this so much because i am not a dev and have not seen what they have in plan for the subject.
You know what i mean?
Yeah, I think the devs aren't going to have a 'skill tree' which is visible, from what it sounds like there will be skills but you character gets better the more you do stuff relating to those skills. for example. Shooting - to get better at that skill you need to shoot more, whether this be PvP or PvE.

This is what I'm implying from what I've read off of the kickstarter.

Tally Ho!