• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Survive the Nights - Item Showcase (Pickups | Interactables | Containers)

zombie

Backer
:Last test, I tested it, and it was very boring. Tap four times to put up a plank. Tap 4 or 10 times to apply 1 nail out of 10 nails. It was tedious and dull.
I didnt make the test unfortunately but shouldn't putting up barricades be tedious ? . Hammering in nails in rl is also tedious and dull and the last thing we want is clans sweeping through the island boarding up everything. I know this is a game but what other ideas are out there for implementing barricades?

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
:Last test, I tested it, and it was very boring. Tap four times to put up a plank. Tap 4 or 10 times to apply 1 nail out of 10 nails. It was tedious and dull.
I didnt make the test unfortunately but shouldn't putting up barricades be tedious ? . Hammering in nails in rl is also tedious and dull and the last thing we want is clans sweeping through the island boarding up everything. I know this is a game but what other ideas are out there for implementing barricades?
Your both kinda right, more-so with Zombie.... but giving that test 2 was the first iteration of the fortification mechanics there will be stuff not there and things will need to-be tweaked, changed, removed and added... but that's what Strat made these for
http://community.survivethenights.net/threads/fortifications-stress-test-2-feedback.5521/
along with other feedback threads, which without our feedback the devs won't know what our qualms may be with things.

So let your voice be heard in the place it will be received loud and clear ;)

cladriah

Survivor
Backer
While it's tedious and dull in rl. In game, fortifying is part of the core gameplay. Something that is part of the core gameplay shouldn't be made tedious and dull unless there were ways to speed things up. As it may be fine at the start. Over time it will feel like a chore.

okay correction, it's okay if something id tedious, but if it's dull. Thats where the issue begins.

styke1122

Backer
I think we might be reading too much in this. As i do agree i too want to play STN's as badly as anyone here. But we got to step back and think Christmas is on Sunday and i would assume that all the dev's trying to get this alpha up and running would love to be with there family's for the holiday's. So i do hope they do take a holiday break as most of us can wait a few more weeks to play this.

JoshGaarax3

Backer
Stykes right guys I mean we do all want this game badly even for an alpha we can see the endless potential but it doesnt matter if it comes out early next year we all end up getting it anyway but these guys have worked their assess off for god knows how long (I dont keep track of time) so let them spend the holidays relaxing, destressing and in the company of their family like we should all be doing. 2017 is going to start with a bang