1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System Requirements(Help)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Alex_Bob, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Alex_Bob

Alex_Bob New Member

Jun 2, 2016
    So the issue is that I want to pre-order this game but when I compared my PC with the minimum system requirements it was not even close to it.Now I dont know if this game will run on my PC or not.Here are the specs.

Core I7 960 3.20ghz(8CPUs) 2.8 ghz
    4GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GT 220 1GB (Showing 3GB)

1600*1200(32bit)(60hz) Display

So If anyone has tried the game on these specs or close to these specs please tell me.

Thank you.

2. Alex_Bob

Alex_Bob New Member

Jun 2, 2016
    I have played GTA V on medium to high settings and it worked just fine.Apart from that I have played ETS2,Colony Survival (Low settings) and Black Ops which have also worked fine.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  3. strategos2411

strategos2411 Lead Moderator Lead Mod Backer

Aug 13, 2014
  4. Alex_Bob

Alex_Bob New Member

Jun 2, 2016
    Okay so I have ordered 2 GB more RAM.So with 6GB will it work on the current specs?

5. strategos2411

strategos2411 Lead Moderator Lead Mod Backer

Aug 13, 2014
    https://gyazo.com/716efbe80790214cf47fc93bb5f45e4f

Minimum specs there^^^^, 6gb ram and cpu should be ok(ish), dunno much about the 220, but the GT series ain't great from my personal experience. Until the backer alpha drops, and more peeps get to test on various rigs, we won't know for sure how some components will handle the game.

My advice would be to wait, see if anyone else who has pre-ordered has a similar rig, find out how it runs. Future optimisations may help, but there is always going to be a limit as to how much a game can be optimised to run on older/lower end components

Dr. J likes this.
  6. Sneakydude

Sneakydude Survivor Backer

Jul 24, 2016
    Over all this sounds like a business tower, once used in the industry or purchased this way. You will have to spend a few dollars to update this machine. It is completely worth it.

The video will not play most games. dx issues.
    I would also, make sure the cpu - fan and Heatsink has new compound on it. If your unsure, which i think you might be i would get a qualified tech to assemble it for you. Make sure you go with a 200-300 video card like the 1060 or 1070. Powersupply may have to be beefed up some.

Check all caps too.

7. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Well @Alex_Bob, I'm going to take a stab in the dark here .... @strategos2411 has reminded of us of the game specs. Processor looks fine, and with your planned memory upgrade, that looks good. GPU RAM sounds good, but it might be a little 'stressed' if you try to run the game full on.
    I have no idea how the initial release might play, I can only compare how the stress tests ran on my own system. OK, slightly better processor, a little more RAM, perhaps faster storage.
    But with the RAM upgrade you're suggesting, I think you'll be 'good to go' Just make sure you've got DirectX up to speed and all your drivers to the latest. Just get the backups done first!

RickGrimesdd likes this.
  8. Alex_Bob

Alex_Bob New Member

Jun 2, 2016
    Alright thank you everyone for replying.I'll try to get a better GPU or wait for benchmark tests after the alpha is released.

9. JayFoster

JayFoster New Member Backer

Apr 12, 2016
    i hope my pc handle ur game :)
    fx 8350 4.3
    8gb ram 1483
    gtx 1060 3gb

JB_ likes this.