1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System to keep zombies a threat

Discussion in 'Gameplay' started by Black Reaper, May 17, 2017.

do u want a system to keep zombies a threat -being the one written or others in comments-

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Black Reaper

Black Reaper Member

May 17, 2017
    problem-
    If 10 zombies were ti head to a area with 20 players Zombies wont be q threat and Players WILL teamup so my suggestion is to keep a chance that a player is a threat that way u avoid players not kos-ing them or teaming up with them

Solution-
    Have 5% of the server have reduced penalty or none
    That way players would avoid players fearing for thr threat of being murdered

I know u might not like it because u hate 'kos' BUT the fact is that AI cant beay players if players outnumber the AI
    To keep the game fun the game needs some kind of system if u have a better suggestion do please suggest it,

Dr. J likes this.
  2. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    If zombies didn't continue to still be a major threat in the game, then all the players would die from the mental health mechanic :)
    I don't know what our team at @a2z(Interactive); have planned, but perhaps zombies just appear ?
    Possibly you can reduce the amount of zombies in an area?
    I think the servers are persistent, so if we didn't have zombies appearing at random, players would soon clear them out.
    Players teaming up to clear out zombies seems like the best game mechanic for me.
    Personally, I thought this was the idea of the game ... players getting together to "Survive the Nights"

Black Reaper, Num47 and ld-airgrafix like this.
  3. iiBqntZ

iiBqntZ no one reads these anymore Backer

Mar 26, 2017
    yeah i agree like how in dayz if the zombies dont get ya the player will

Black Reaper and Dr. J like this.
  4. TheRealManimal

TheRealManimal Well-Known Member Backer

Dec 24, 2016
  5. Black Reaper

Black Reaper Member

May 17, 2017
    Ok im not hating about a few players i mean like server wide gathering or any scenerio like 50 man group, i want it to be so some random players on server get no mentality so people are to avoid eachother in fear of them being this guy
    I dont want kos i want players to avoid eachother most of the time to keep zombies out numbering players instead of reverse
    What u so confused about mate

Dr. J likes this.
  6. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    @Black Reaper ... well this game will scare the [insert rude four letter word here] out of all of us :)
    I think we might have to team up to "Survive the Nights".
    Now there's an interesting game mechanic ... what if you can't survive alone?
    What if you need help to defend from the zombies?
    Who will you decide to trust?
    KOS and lose some mental health?

Black Reaper likes this.
  7. Black Reaper

Black Reaper Member

May 17, 2017
    Thing is i said 5% of a server aka not evryone kills plus small squds is fine the thing im against is 30-100 player teams

I myself would likr a small squad

Feel free to vote no it if u dont agree
    I honestly thought evryon would ignore this

Dr. J likes this.
  8. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    I don't know how this game will work out ... I managed to play both of the stress tests for a while. When you look at the changelog and the updates from the Dev. team, then my experience of the game is out of date.
    We'll be getting the chance to run our own servers after the official game release is stable.
    Small squads will be good, I'm not sure a player would be able to "Survive the Nights" alone.
    But getting together as a huge squad, well then perhaps we could get the power back on at the Union Point power plant?

9. Black Reaper

Black Reaper Member

May 17, 2017
    From videos it takes 1 bullet to kill a zombie
    If u get a bolt action "relatively fast" u could take the union plant with 10 people

If u want me to when the game releases ill take the plant. By myself

Ok a squad doesnt consist of more than 15 people thats what a SQUAD is

Okay what if 50 players gather at the same town, each killing a zombie that eould clear it out fast and
    1- players are better thab ai
    2- ai cany shoot
    3- the point of the game is to fight fot survival, not outnumbering zombied thats how a zombie survival works

If we add the mechanic i suggested, players are more likely to avoid players not killing them or ALWAYS going to them

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Dr. J likes this.
  10. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    So lets discuss your points:
    1) We'll all be complete noobs at the game launch, but we should be better than the AI
    2) I've seen nothing about the AI being weaponised, but the zombies will be as scary as [insert your own four letter expletive here]
    3) Yes we all want to "Survive the Nights"
    So if players can team up, we'd work better and survive longer :)

11. Black Reaper

Black Reaper Member

May 17, 2017
    i didnt mean zombies being weaponised
    you should have fps experience, the zombies "AI" will run straight to you missing a shot is hugely unlikely that is, if your not blind,

Survive the night Yes, but still have it be a challenge enough to have fun you know?
    if evryone was friendly no killing and serverse were filled dont you think most cities will be filled?

the suggestion is so it isnt players outnumbering AI, if there was a apocalypse you wouldnt just head to most people in worry of 1 of them being a bandit you would NORMALLY avoid them

the thing i want is simple, there needs to be a tipping point, the more people you recruit the more chance that your gonna get back stabbed, in a 100 person server if 5% of it are able to kill aka 5 out of 100 theres 95 others right? if you recruit 50 theres a huge chance that one might be able to kill you and your team,

simple rules, avoid cities , avoid players cus of suspicion
    go on stn discord,

Dr. J likes this.
  12. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    I don't know what the server pop will be like for each official server on release. I think that will be a bit 'fluid' initially.
    How many servers will be spun up to start with is a discussion for @a2z(Interactive); and @Clinton to have ...
    But @Black Reaper , I think you'll need to visit city's and towns to gather resources.
    Regarding your comment on 'suspicion', have you looked at some of the posts in the 'player created lore' here: https://community.survivethenights.net/threads/player-created-lore.8136/
    There's a lot of good content in there :)

13. Templar

Templar Survivor Backer

Dec 20, 2015
    Make it in the lore of the island there is this huge mass grave somewhere where the zombies are coming from, there's been plane crashes or cruise ship crashes in the surrounding sea from which zombies emerge.

Dr. J likes this.
  14. Black Reaper

Black Reaper Member

May 17, 2017
    not against visiting the cities, but im against camping the cities with 30-50 players
    what does this have to do with this xD

15. Templar

Templar Survivor Backer

Dec 20, 2015
    Well obviously there's gonna be the paradox of unlimited zombies, and to retain depth, there should be a logical reason zombies keep coming in endlessly even though you killed the first 1000 for example.

Dr. J likes this.
  16. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    If you managed to play one of the stress tests (as I was lucky enough to have done), then you might have visited a plane crash site outside Old Town.
    Could these be the source of the Zombies? Could it be a cruise ship? Could it be they rise from the grave?
    I completely agree there should be a reason zombies keep coming.
    Could you put some thoughts in to the 'player created lore' thread?

As @Black Reaper says, players camping cities and towns will be an issue when the game is released.
    We're all going to be on a learning curve here ... us players and the Dev team.
    The important thing (to me) is we're making this journey together

17. iiBqntZ

Mar 26, 2017
    i have my own idea for where the zombies came from it goes that turtle head bay was dumping ground for chemical's (hence the strange Oder) that infected the nearby fish with the zombie virus. it was spread by fishermen selling they're catch to locals of the island who would then eat the fish and then be infected

is this good lore

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Dr. J likes this.
  18. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    It's good, get over to the following post and flesh that our for us all:
    https://community.survivethenights.net/threads/player-created-lore.8136/
    We're all just bouncing ideas round over there, anything you can add will be fantastic! No need to tie in to any other posts. I've had a brief conversation with @JB_ about how the thread should run. Summarising that, all we need to do is look at the first (6 or so) posts to get an idea of what the team are looking for here, and remember that if you're killed by a zombie, you will 'turn'.
    Anything else is fair game at the moment!
    Fishing will have been an important industry on Black Island. I want to hear more on your thoughts about the odour at Turtle Head bay.

19. iiBqntZ

Mar 26, 2017
    allright thats my first post in player created lore. about the Oder i dont really have any thoughts on it

P:S: should i do more lore

Dr. J likes this.
  20. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Thank-you for getting that post out ... have a think about why there's the odour ... just run with any thoughts you have on that, and post them in the 'lore' area. I won't clutter up this thread with other posts, but I would like to see more entries in the 'lore' post :)