• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Taking bullets in magazine manually and flare guns

Just wondering if you agree to the question or not

• Total voters
Thread starter #1
Hello everyone:) I have been VERY HYPED of this game since i heard about it for some months ago and i have an suggestion that in my eyes would make the game better.

Suggestion: When you find ammo boxes around the map you will need to take out the bullets of the box and then fill the magazine with ammo. So then when you are going for a raid or scouting or even defend your base you need to make sure your magazine's are filled. so if you forgot it when you are going for a raid you can get some big consequences.

That was my ideas for now, Hope you like it:)

Last edited:

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
Yo, filling the mags manually would be a cool touch, and I think it may have been discussed before, will check soon.

No airdrops, never airdrops :D Flare guns will be added, and have been discussed as use for warning traps and distracting zeds

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I'm liking the idea of having to fill a magazine manually, but as @strategos2411 has said, please, no airdrops. This isn't Rust (it's better than that from what I've seen!).

But back to magazines ... a few thoughts for you to ponder. In what state should a magazine spawn? Full? Empty? A random amount of ammo? Is the weight of the magazine constant if you carry one (or more) spare(s) in your backpack? Sounds like another coding headache for the overworked devs.

Thread starter #4
I'm liking the idea of having to fill a magazine manually, but as @strategos2411 has said, please, no airdrops. This isn't Rust (it's better than that from what I've seen!).

But back to magazines ... a few thoughts for you to ponder. In what state should a magazine spawn? Full? Empty? A random amount of ammo? Is the weight of the magazine constant if you carry one (or more) spare(s) in your backpack? Sounds like another coding headache for the overworked devs.
#1 i think it should spawn in ammo boxes with random amount, 2# i think the mag should take a little space but the ammo box a good amount of space.

JB_

Developer
Developer
Hey we do like the idea of loading bullets. In fact some weapons are progressively reloaded meaning you can stop loading them mid round. Revolvers for the most part work this way but the same can be applied for mags I guess. Flare guns are in and should be good fun :)

Handicap Jack

Up for a laugh and down for giggle.
Backer
100% yes!
I have at times thought of this in other games but never thought to make this suggestion so thank you.
As an added function i would like the ability to manually load a bullet in the breach and then insert a mag giving you one extra round... an extra round, chambered in the gun, could be the difference between life and death and given that we know military loot is not a thing in this game then I do not expect to see high capacity magazines making that extra round even more valuable.

Who's This Pleb

Future Ophthalmologist
Backer
That would be incredibly cool! Not to mention realistic! I don't remember any game where you have to do that.

How does that ammo get in those clips in all those other games?? Well duh someone loads it! Plus, this game's focus isn't on carry 300 bullets and peeling caps left and right. Maybe just stock up on a couple mags for the road and maybe some backup in case your home gets raided haha.

Of course bolt-actions and revolvers operate that way, and it'd be tedious to have to load 30 bullets in an AR magazine. But oh so worth it! Would love to see that incorporated at some point.

Who's This Pleb

Future Ophthalmologist
Backer
Can be easily done via crafting menu? Just "Fill X clip" and it takes a few seconds?
OHHHH yes!!! This is why you're the developer haha I love it!

Handicap Jack

Backer
Can be easily done via crafting menu? Just "Fill X clip" and it takes a few seconds?
If done this way it would be great if we can set certain crafting actions to hot keys. I think stopping to open a crafting menu to reload ammo into a mag during a tense stand off or when under siege may break some immersion, where as hitting an "F" key or "ctrl something" set to do the same user defined action would be more intuitive and give players a more fluid feel to on the fly actions.

JB_

Developer
Developer
If done this way it would be great if we can set certain crafting actions to hot keys. I think stopping to open a crafting menu to reload ammo into a mag during a tense stand off or when under siege may break some immersion, where as hitting an "F" key or "ctrl something" set to do the same user defined action would be more intuitive and give players a more fluid feel to on the fly actions.
I like this clip reloading idea more every time I read this thread.

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
Yeah I really like this, like in DayZ how you can chamber it if you don't have a magazine, or if you do you need to use your downtime(Maybe while youre waiting out the nights) to put each bullet into the magazine.

Thread starter #16
And what if when you hold ctrl-f maybe it will fill 1 and 1 bullet as long as you hold, and when you tap ctrl f then it only puts 1 bullet in magazine

Handicap Jack

Backer
And what if when you hold ctrl-f maybe it will fill 1 and 1 bullet as long as you hold, and when you tap ctrl f then it only puts 1 bullet in magazine
If theres a dedicated function for reloading mags then that sounds like a quality idea. And could work even if it stays with JB_'s innitial idea of a crafting system mixed with my hotkey notion so yeh yeh I like it.

Tony Stovepipe

Backer
I love the way you reload the magazines in Escape from tarkov.

If you a 30 round AK magazine and a box with 60 rounds of 7.62 ammo. You just drag the ammo box
over the magazine to refill while the magazine is out the gun.

I have not played much of STN due to very bad fps problems so I don't what it's like now using firearms.

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
I love the way you reload the magazines in Escape from tarkov.

If you a 30 round AK magazine and a box with 60 rounds of 7.62 ammo. You just drag the ammo box
over the magazine to refill while the magazine is out the gun.

I have not played much of STN due to very bad fps problems so I don't what it's like now using firearms.
k
no time to watch vid its not stn

Last edited: