• Hello Guest,

Alpha v1.0 has been released on Steam! Bug reports can be made using our new in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

Technological Hardware Store

Should My Idea be Considered?

• Yes

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Probably Not

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

Aforgomon

Embodiment of Spacetime
Backer
The Idea
My idea is that on this island, there was a small hardware store that sold mainly technological things, such as circuit boards, tools for tampering with electronics, and other such things. This building concept would bring a few new game features to the table.

The New Features
Among the aforementioned new features would be the ability to tamper with fuse boxes in houses. With some practice and the right tools, the player could develop the ability to rewire the fuse box, and set up traps involving the lights, as well as reroute power from unused areas to conserve generator fuel.

Another feature could be to create simple robots to carry out tasks. For example, a refurbished RC car with a camera attached could allow for the scouting of buildings before one charges in blindly. This car could also be fitted with a noise machine to attract the attention of zombies and clear out an area temporarily.

Hopefully this catches the attention of some people and some good discussion is sparked :p.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
The tech hardware store alone is a good idea, the more unique buildings the better in my opinion plus finding tech manuals and specialized equipment, and the R/C Car w/interchangeable gadgets is something I thought had been mentioned but I did not get a hit in the search bar, good one with that too.
+1

As for the fuse box this will be possible as it is a planned feature from the "old version" as seen in the concept videos.

Davz Not Here

Backer
two words for you

"Radio Shack"

Kacproc

The Idea
My idea is that on this island, there was a small hardware store that sold mainly technological things, such as circuit boards, tools for tampering with electronics, and other such things. This building concept would bring a few new game features to the table.

The New Features
Among the aforementioned new features would be the ability to tamper with fuse boxes in houses. With some practice and the right tools, the player could develop the ability to rewire the fuse box, and set up traps involving the lights, as well as reroute power from unused areas to conserve generator fuel.

Another feature could be to create simple robots to carry out tasks. For example, a refurbished RC car with a camera attached could allow for the scouting of buildings before one charges in blindly. This car could also be fitted with a noise machine to attract the attention of zombies and clear out an area temporarily.

Hopefully this catches the attention of some people and some good discussion is sparked :p.
Good idea with the but the robot part that in my opinion would only be like a after realise update of sorts but great idea creative possible to program , realistic and FUN