• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Temperature Preference

Would you like to see this added to the game

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

cladriah

Survivor
Backer
Some people prefer cold, others hot. Why not have an option at the start of a character to choose the preference of the temperature.
Example.

Someone who prefers cold weather will not be as impacted in the cold as someone who is neutral or prefers hotter temperatures. With the drawback of an increased negative impact in a hotter temperatures.

Vice versa with those who prefer it being warmer.

Of course if the body temperature reaches 100% on one side, liking that side isn't going to make a difference. It will still have an unimpeded negative effect.

This really comes into play with the Seasons. During winter, people who prefer hotter weather will have to struggle more than someone who likes the cold. Vice versa with Summer.

Davz Not Here

Backer
As the devs have stated earlier, the main season this game is set for is between Fall and Winter, so this feature wouldn't be helpful as seasons wouldn't change.
we won't be suppressing ANY ideas here .....

there have been numerous discussions about implementing seasons and weather so ..... this may actually be an idea that could come into play eventually ..... for that reason alone a discussion / poll is warranted

personally IRL i am a cold weather person ..... give me a grey, cold, and snowy day ANYTIME ...... it's when i am at my best

Thread starter #4

cladriah

Survivor
Backer
we won't be suppressing ANY ideas here .....

there have been numerous discussions about implementing seasons and weather so ..... this may actually be an idea that could come into play eventually ..... for that reason alone a discussion / poll is warranted

personally IRL i am a cold weather person ..... give me a grey, cold, and snowy day ANYTIME ...... it's when i am at my best
Same, during october. I walked out at night with a short sleeve t shirt and felt energetic, but put me in heat and I become sluggish. The dynamics of it may alter a player's strategy.

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
I agree this is a topic that has potential. I myself where long sleeve shirts and no jacket in the winter time. So this would be a good thing to have in game. Along with the positive effect that the "Prefers cold" character there can be negative where the character hates the summer IE burning more stamina and possibly more side effects of being in the summer time. I am not a huge fan of this but its a balanced perk none the less.