• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Terminus

Terminus?!

• Yes

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

dangioffre

Backer
YES I said Terminus! :) I don't know how many of you guys/girls watch the walking dead but Terminus is a Factory aka The Sanctuary.

In the T.V. Show a community lives there. Rick and his group see's signs of this so call Terminus and so they go there and it ends up being a trap.

"Sanctuary for all. Community for all. Those who arrive survive."

Baby Blender

big man
Backer
Just a common trait with all your posts that I have viewed...

You need to think in the mind of the developers. The whole design and concept of Terminus is most likely copyrighted in some way by the Walking Dead franchise, so they would have to either debate or pay for permission for such a small feature.

Why not just a factory?

Also when posting, please think in the minds of the developers constraints and what would REALLY be meaningful/important in an early release to make it playable.

Not trying to bash on yah, just stating facts buddy.

Regards, Blender

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
Just a common trait with all your posts that I have viewed...

You need to think in the mind of the developers. The whole design and concept of Terminus is most likely copyrighted in some way by the Walking Dead franchise, so they would have to either debate or pay for permission for such a small feature.

Why not just a factory?

Also when posting, please think in the minds of the developers constraints and what would REALLY be meaningful/important in an early release to make it playable.

Not trying to bash on yah, just stating facts buddy.

Regards, Blender
How could the walking dead copyright a random building they have used as part of the set of the show? They certainly can't copyright the word 'Terminus' and the concept has been seen before in other films/shows/games. I'm sure the majority of people on here would have seen a similar concept, even in Season 3, Woodbury, a safe haven that wasn't what it appeared to be(only difference is town vs railway terminal, and possibly cannabilism).

I'm sure the addition of varied buildings and settings(although not necessary in early release) will add to the overall game experience, so i'm sure the developers minds are on the future aswell as the playability of the early releases.

So no, you are not stating facts, you are stating your opinion as fact.

Baby Blender

big man
Backer
How could the walking dead copyright a random building they have used as part of the set of the show? They certainly can't copyright the word 'Terminus' and the concept has been seen before in other films/shows/games. I'm sure the majority of people on here would have seen a similar concept, even in Season 3, Woodbury, a safe haven that wasn't what it appeared to be(only difference is town vs railway terminal, and possibly cannabilism).

I'm sure the addition of varied buildings and settings(although not necessary in early release) will add to the overall game experience, so i'm sure the developers minds are on the future aswell as the playability of the early releases.

So no, you are not stating facts, you are stating your opinion as fact.

From the pictures he posted and what he was stating, I am making clear, reasonable assumption that he wants to re-create the whole set. And it is completely possible to put claim on set design, etc.

The larger point is though, why focus on recreating a scene from a movie as one big, inflated Easter egg, when they should just add a warehouse.

Baby Blender

big man
Backer
And again, this type of confusion is the evident result of not thoroughly describing what your suggesting.

Ok?... Terminus, yeah what about it? A full recreation? An epic Easter egg? A reference in structure? The idea of a sanctuary trap?

Never really stated what the concept was other then just assuming people knew what you are getting at. Or do you even have a real point in this thread?

I am not trying to bash or cause a civil war in this thread, just curious.

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
And again, this type of confusion is the evident result of not thoroughly describing what your suggesting.

Ok?... Terminus, yeah what about it? A full recreation? An epic Easter egg? A reference in structure? The idea of a sanctuary trap?

Never really stated what the concept was other then just assuming people knew what you are getting at. Or do you even have a real point in this thread?

Had your initial response been more like the one I've quoted just now, actually questioning the suggestion, then the flow of this thread would have been very different :)

However regarding the original post - Terminus is a building at the end of a railway line(or at least part of a railway station), if there are trains in the game then this could certainly be added (modifications could of course be made and it wouldn't necessarily have to have TERMINUS painted on it), however being set on an island, i'm not sure if trains fit.

I originally come from quite a rural/coastal part of Scotland, where old rail lines, that haven't been used in many years lay overgrown with weeds, and there are (obviously much smaller than TERMINUS) old rail buildings at certain points along the lines. I think with regards to the size of the maps (40sq miles?) there may be disused rail lines and buildings (or even ones that are still used), so a smaller version of TERMINUS might fit.

MINIMUS(Mini TERMINUS) could house tools and machine parts, and of course fuel. (If it's still in use the items would be plentiful and in good condition, if unused the items would be less useful and in worse condition)

@Baby Blender no one is trying to cause a civil war, but there's nothing wrong with a good debate :)

Thread starter #8

dangioffre

Backer

I am not saying put the same thing in it from the show. lol. ex. The skulls in the room. The grill with human meat. I mean the layout of the outside. It would work perfect in this game.

Baby Blender

big man
Backer
I am not saying put the same thing in it from the show. lol. ex. The skulls in the room. The grill with human meat. I mean the layout of the outside. It would work perfect in this game.
Seee, then why didn't you include that in the text. People shouldn't have to ask for clarification on what the thread is trying to get at.