• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Testing and what's to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Admin #1

JB_

Developer
Developer
Hey all,

Firstly thank you all so much for the continued support and help finding bugs! Our second round of testing has just come to an end. We're super happy with server stability and added features, those that weren't working were simple and easy to fix issues. We've brought the servers down now, we apologize to Mac users who didn't get a go this round but promise you Mac builds will be ready for EA. We'll be doing a more detailed and technical update sometime shortly, this will include our future plans and possible time frames. Thanks once again!

Last edited:

Fulysic

Backer
Thank you for allowing us to be part of your epic journey so far, we wish you and the entire STN team the best of luck with the continued development of survive the nights.

I have the forum pinned to my browser for life and will continue to check out your updates on your twitter feeds.

We look forwards to seeing what else you post in future Dev blogs

Regards
Fulysic, Avoh, LaGGz0r

Dan3000au

Night Stalker
Backer
im not happy.... every time i redownloaded it there was a new error x.x first runtime error then file level3 invald then all files invald.

:(

Tetsuwan

Backer
Thanks I had a grate time. Can't wait till the next time I can try out this game.... Good luck with adding new stuff to the game. I would also like to see if we could clime ladders or even move them around that would be grate. Well we will just have to wait till next time to see what we can do.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
I for one had another great time hunting and reporting. Saw some great progress this build. Lots of things to refine (and add in) but definitely a nice step up from the first round. Great stuff!

im not happy.... every time i redownloaded it there was a new error x.x first runtime error then file level3 invald then all files invald.

:(
Sorry to hear that. It's impossible to test every possible hardware configuration and in any game's early stages it can be expected to not run for some. Hopefully you provided some output_logs, and hopefully the Devs can work out what was causing it and have it resolved by the time the next round rolls around!

Davz Not Here

Backer
I had a rough start, but after figuring out the problem had a good time

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Had a great time testing and breaking (not as much this time thanks too @DrUmMiSt and his buddy along with @Montauk :D)

But that gave me time to mess around with the more obvious and fun things to-to :p

I was also really pleased with the amount of other community members jumping in and hunting bugs and not just killing... there where some but they got their comeuppance :cool:, along with how well the tracker was used this time (I think the schedule helped people understand what to-to more).

Until next time, keep it up and have fun doing it.
:D

p.s I missed @Lotto :(

Last edited:

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Why do the team at STN always give us such an amazing game to test, but what seems like only a short time to help them out :)
Probably because we break all their hard work so quickly!
There seemed to be less people on the servers this time, and less firearm testing, hope the feedback was good.

Davidbc

Survivor
Backer
The only thing I didn't like is... I couldn't build a lock!!!! Damn box of screws ahahaha

DrUmMiSt

Bug Squisher Extraordinaire
Backer
Had a great time testing and breaking (not as much this time thanks too @DrUmMiSt and his buddy along with @Montauk :D)

But that gave me time to mess around with the more obvious and fun things to-to :p

I was also really pleased with the amount of other community members jumping in and hunting bugs and not just killing... there where some but they got their comeuppance :cool:, along with how well the tracker was used this time (I think the schedule helped people understand what to-to more).

Until next time, keep it up and have fun doing it.
:D

p.s I missed @Lotto :(
I did go a little bit nuts this time round. I wish my Wisdom tooth didn't start playing up this weekend then I would have had more time to test the patch out.
I had so much fun in this patch and I agree, there was some KOS but no where near as prevalent as the 1st tests. I still have a lot of write up for the bug tracker (Started writing as I found them then started on a list to do all at once) There's more to come guys.

I've also got 24 hours of stored footage to chop down and put in to the bug report etc...

This is going to take some time :D

Jörg

Backer
Hello,
It was a great time to participate in the test. I am looking forward to the next test.
Friendly greetings from germany to the developer. You are all make a great work...

Für die deutschen Survivaler unter euch
Besucht das deutsche Forum zu STN : http://survivethenights.de
meldet Euch an um ein Teil der deutschen Gemeinschaft zu STN zu werden...
Besucht meinen Kanal http://www.youtube.de/JogerHE
um rund um STN auf dem laufenden zu bleiben...

I hope we can support you so from germany...
Many regards

I loved testing it wished the servers were up longer tho

FinWinkle

Survivor
Backer
Had a great time testing...towards the end was cool seeing some regulars and then coordinating a couple of groups. shared a few beers along the way ;)

Question...I found an "engine starter" item on the last day of testing, was there any working generators that I could of used this on this round?

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Had a great time testing...towards the end was cool seeing some regulars and then coordinating a couple of groups. shared a few beers along the way ;)

Question...I found an "engine starter" item on the last day of testing, was there any working generators that I could of used this on this round?
Nope, but my guess... quite possibly used for either generators or vehicles maybe even a trap in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.